AOPA or Mayo Clinic Basic med course?

Artimas

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Artimas
Does anyone know if there is a difference or advantage to using one over the other?

Thanks.

If you go through the Mayo course, you can fast forward and look for brightly colored word, then go to the end and enter it and it will only take you a few minutes to take the course... or so I heard!

I used the AOPA course in May 2017 and was happy with it. It's nice to have a choice now, though.

Some follow up.
I decided to go with the AOPA course. I was happy with it.
Reasonably informative and pretty painless.

I took the AOPA course, and it's quite informative. Take it again in two years. I suspect the Mayo course is similar, but haven't taken it.

Just did the AOPA course last night, well put together and got the job done.

I did the AOPA. It was fine. I can't imagine the Mayo is much different/better/worse.

Even if you are doing a 3rd class medical it would be worthwhile to take the aeromed course/quiz. It's a good refresher.

Ironically, I think my basic med physical and aeromed knowledge requirements were much more thorough than any 3rd class medical I've had.

Did the mayo, with turkey and havarti on rye, it did the trick. Have to do it again in 2 yrs.

The AOPA course is easy. If you are on the ground and a wrinkle occurs (weather, problem with plane, or you are rushed, etc) the answer is Don't Fly.

If you are in the air and a problem occurs, the answer is Fly The Plane.

Get the doctor sign off first. Then do the course; at the end of the course you enter info about the doctor and submit it to FAA and print the certificate of completion that you put in your logbook. None of your health info is sent to the FAA.

Back