N/A... Big Sky, Mt

Cooter

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Cooter
Any suggestions for sightseeing around Big Sky this time of year? My wife and I have a couple of days for a short trip and were thinking of day trips out of Big Sky. We haven’t seen Yellowstone before and it’s looks close so thats our initial plan unless a slightly longer drive to Glacier would be better.

Yellowstone/Teton parks if you haven’t been. Park fee covers them both. If you end up in Glacier stop and say hi to Whitefish for me. Used to live there when I was a kid. Yellowstone truly is amazing. Haven’t been for a decade but there is a lot of beautiful stuff there. Pictures don’t do it justice

About 12 years ago we stayed at Big Sky. (We knew one of the unit owners).

I can confirm that Yellowstone is close enough for a day trip from Big Sky. Do it!

I spent a couple of years there in the early sixties.

Oops! Wrong "Big Sky"... :)

Big%20Sky%20Ranch%20VTS%20Patch_zpsprkjb2w9.jpg

We have gone to MT the last 5 years, 1st trip was to both Yelowstone and then Glacier. I am glad we went to Yellowstone but have no desire to go back, tons of crowds, sulfur in the air etc. Worth a quick trip, but go to Glacier if the Road to the Sun is back open, it was closed when I left there a couple weeks ago due to a fire. We have spent 1-2 months there the last 4 summers and do not grow old of the place. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone, eating lunch in Big Sky now. What an awesome place! I’m thinking about taking the lift up the mountain after I eat and planning on Yellowstone in the morning. If the roads are open we’ll look at going up to Glacier the next day.

Any suggestions for sightseeing around Big Sky this time of year? My wife and I have a couple of days for a short trip and were thinking of day trips out of Big Sky. We haven’t seen Yellowstone before and it’s looks close so thats our initial plan unless a slightly longer drive to Glacier would be better.
Yellowstone is fantastic!!! Not crowded this time of year.

Yellowstone is fantastic!!! Not crowded this time of year.
That has surprised me. Walking around the resort area earlier I asked my wife if we were the only ones here. There are a few mountain bikers using the lifts but otherwise it’s extremely quiet.

Wife and I spent a week in Jackson, Grand Teton, and the Yellowstone area about 5 years ago. Had a great time. It really is beautiful. We hope to go back in the next couple of years.

Back