Phoenix Flight Instructor Recommendations (KDVT or KSDL)?

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Hey guys,

Looking around for good independent flight instructors to do my Commercial with. Specifically someone who has good availability and can fly out of KDVT (assuming I am using my airplane) or KSDL.

Thanks.

SDL is expensive and Legacy aims for the higher-end piper stuff (meridian, etc). Don't know anything about https://scottsdaleflighttraining.com - they weren't there when I was training.

DVT used to have a very large number of international students => very busy. Have you called anyone at Glendale (KGEU)? I really liked flying out of there....even with the edge of the AF Base.

SDL is expensive and Legacy aims for the higher-end piper stuff (meridian, etc). Don't know anything about https://scottsdaleflighttraining.com - they weren't there when I was training.

DVT used to have a very large number of international students => very busy. Have you called anyone at Glendale (KGEU)? I really liked flying out of there....even with the edge of the AF Base.

I did my Private with Scottsdale Executive Flight Training - spectacular operation and my plan is to see if I can get in there as a CFI when I get my CFI next year. That said - you are completely right about KSDL being expensive. They certainly cater to the wealthier crowd.

I am hangared out of KDVT, so I am obviously very familiar. Did my IR training out of there with an independent CFI. I'm really looking for some independent CFI recommendations. I may end up going with the guy I did my IR with if I can't find anyone else I like.

KGEU is a LONG ways from me - not practical at all. Don't get me wrong - I do like KGEU as an airport and they have some good operations out of there. I live in Scottsdale. Unfortunately KGEU, Falcon Field, and Chandler are all too far to make it practical for flight training - especially since I'd like to knock out the Commercial as quickly as possible.

I don't know of any flight instructors really doing their own thing anymore. Seems like everyone has other flying work and the freelance stuff isn't as common. I think finding one with a favorable schedule and willing to work with you right when our weather is going to get nice may be difficult. For instance a couple years ago I would have done it but since I have a flying job I dont need the hours and the money that comes from instructing doesn't really sound better than spending free time having fun in the nice weather.

Hey guys,

Looking around for good independent flight instructors to do my Commercial with. Specifically someone who has good availability and can fly out of KDVT (assuming I am using my airplane) or KSDL.

Thanks.

A few years back I trained with Boris Vasilev at KDVT. Not sure if he's still there, but I can dig out his contact info if you're interested. He was attached to Wright Aviation at the time, but I think he does independent instruction too.

A few years back I trained with Boris Vasilev at KDVT. Not sure if he's still there, but I can dig out his contact info if you're interested. He was attached to Wright Aviation at the time, but I think he does independent instruction too.

Wright Aviation is no longer around unfortunately. Talked with the owner and he now works for Westwind...

Did a flight from Scottsdale to Sedona and back with an instructor back in March with Scottsdale executive flight training, nice place, nice people, seems well run. Going back in March, want to get checked out to rent one of their sr 20s.

Did a flight from Scottsdale to Sedona and back with an instructor back in March with Scottsdale executive flight training, nice place, nice people, seems well run. Going back in March, want to get checked out to rent one of their sr 20s.

Yea man I’m really hoping I can CFI there when I get my CFI. That’s my goal.

Look on the Deer Valley Pilots Organization Page. They list several instructors

Yep been on there. Most don’t seem to list Commercial instruction but I suppose I could still try

Boris is still at DVT, I just talked with him a few hours ago. He's highly recommend.

http://freedomflightservice.com

Back