Report car accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_Tharp

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
R
I was riding my bike and hit by a car today. I was crossing the intersection and a car from the opposite direction turning left just ran into my path. Lucky I didn't get seriously hurt, but I still got some big bruises and cuts. Should I report this to the police? I am worried that this might leave a remark on my record as well.

It depends. Did you need medical marijuana to recover from your injuries? Were you drunk? I think you should go to the nearest FSDO and hand them your ticket as soon as they open tomorrow morning.

I was riding my bike and hit by a car today. I was crossing the intersection and a car from the opposite direction turning left just ran into my path. Lucky I didn't get seriously hurt, but I still got some big bruises and cuts. Should I report this to the police? I am worried that this might leave a remark on my record as well.
you're joking, right?

So you fled the scene of an accident without notifying the authorities? You could be charged with a misdemeanor or even a felony.

I kid, (kinda). :)

But what in tarnation does this have to do with flying an airplane?

It depends. Did you need medical marijuana to recover from your injuries? Were you drunk? I think you should go to the nearest FSDO and hand them your ticket as soon as they open tomorrow morning.
Why do you guys do stuff like this?

So you fled the scene of an accident without notifying the authorities? You could be charged with a misdemeanor or even a felony.

I kid, (kinda). :)

But what in tarnation does this have to do with flying an airplane?
Assuming facts not in evidence?

And does EVERYTHING have to be Aviation related?

Assuming facts not in evidence?

And does EVERYTHING have to be Aviation related.
It was tongue n cheek, obviously! ;)

But ya, good point. I just assume it is since most Medical Topics that are asked tend to be Aviation related and it also didn’t include the *N/A* that the RoC says is required for a non-Aviation related topic.

So you were hit, no injuries and you are wondering if you need to tell the faa? Um...no. Why would you think yes?

Hope it wasn’t another pilot ,that hit you.

Report to the cops? Heck, yeah! Report on your medical app? As long as you didn't go to the hospital, and didn't suffer a brain injury, nope.

Hmm. I don’t see that in the RoC.
Looks like I might’ve misunderstood it, as I see that it’s listed under the Classifieds section of the RoC.

• Non-aviation items may be listed, as long as the thread's title starts with "[NA]" to clearly mark the listing as "Non-Aviation". For example, "[NA] 1969 Ford Mustang"

B6C5B1A2-F47E-4839-A54C-C918A7B232A9.gif

What record are you worried about? Your bike rider record?

Didn’t either you or the driver of the car call the cops at the time of the accident?

What record are you worried about? Your bike rider record?

Didn’t either you or the driver of the car call the cops at the time of the accident?

No we didn't call the police but the driver drove me to the health center at my university though. He hit me on my hip, so I had to get an X-ray and the doctor checked my urine sample for trace of blood. Luckily I have no broken bones and my kidneys are fine. And since technically this visit to my doctor cost me nothing and all my results are ok, we decided not to report...

I am just not sure if this is gonna appear on my driving record if I report. Even though I clearly had the right of the way when it happened, I feel I also had responsibility for not being careful. Anyway, maybe my decision in making a career in aviation made me too hyper-cautious about things.

I am just not sure if this is gonna appear on my driving record if I report. Even though I clearly had the right of the way when it happened
If you had the right of way, and the accident wasn’t caused by you, than why would it affect your driving record? Especially if you were on a bicycle...?

Excellent troll. Just the right mixture of silly and reality to get things started. You need to pipe in with an indignant defense here quick though or it’ll die too soon .

No we didn't call the police but the driver drove me to the health center at my university though. He hit me on my hip, so I had to get an X-ray and the doctor checked my urine sample for trace of blood. Luckily I have no broken bones and my kidneys are fine. And since technically this visit to my doctor cost me nothing and all my results are ok, we decided not to report...

I am just not sure if this is gonna appear on my driving record if I report. Even though I clearly had the right of the way when it happened, I feel I also had responsibility for not being careful. Anyway, maybe my decision in making a career in aviation made me too hyper-cautious about things.
Considering the difficulty you’re having with this decision, maybe flying professionally isn’t the right vocation for you.

You are correct to be hyper-cautious. In today's world anything and everything can and will be used against you and entered into the government's secret NSA FBI file on you but since you may request a copy of that now it should all be okay.

Funny thing. When I was around 20 I was walking across a street to get to the In--N-Out Burger, in the cross walk, with the little WALK symbol illuminated. and a car turned into me and bumped me. I didn't fall down, but I was definitely moved out of my current path.

I just waved it off and the guy gave me the "sorry dude" wave.

A friend of mine saw it happen and he's like "What's wrong with you, why didn't you fall down so you can sue him?"

I don't talk to that guy anymore. Just the wrong view of simple situations. Apparently I've lived another 30+ years with no ill effects from the incident.

No money, guns, or lawyers were involved in this Ravioli True Story.

As a reminder to everyone, the only comments allowed in the medical forum are to be supportive of the OP. This thread will remained locked. If you are absolutely determined to believe it's a troll, then don't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back