Daily Pic

Annual prep.
4fc606c2729e7668dd59fd787c221013.jpg
3680c130819d0bc23c164903024980c6.jpg
2568efe4eec0b13508644c2a460de0db.jpg
9f6960123d36d015ee8dc410fa09c037.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There I was on a VOR/DME Arc approach in a rental with dual G5s when all the heading info fails.
6fd19b63ab6cd1f015692d16a2a2f10c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hadn't been in the turbulence paint-shaker that is the Owens Valley for a while, so I flew to Bishop yesterday to meet some friends for golf.

Pics are:

1) Inyokern airport with China Lake in the distance
2) North Haiwee Reservoir, south of Lone Pine
3) Coming back over the San Gabriels at about 9000'
4) Mt. Wilson observatory/antennas. Pretty cool to think that at this very spot in 1929,
Edwin Hubble and his colleague discovered that the universe is expanding.

IMG_3239.jpg IMG_3263.jpg IMG_3272.jpg IMG_3276.jpg

Last edited:
Quick test to see if this process works...

Edit: guess not, stand by... any secret method for getting flickr-generated links to work?

28ovryA

Nice!! Looks like a good turn out!

That was mostly the overflow; the crosswind runways were also closed and half of them used for parking. The FBO was guessing around 350 airplanes; it was a fun trip!

That was mostly the overflow; the crosswind runways were also closed and half of them used for parking. The FBO was guessing around 350 airplanes; it was a fun trip!
Awesome! That's what I like to see. :D

Thanks! The maroon wingtip at the bottom is my Cherokee; I was standing on the wing for this to get a little better view...

it's just a very clear shot out in the middle of nowhere with the sun shining and plenty of low wing representation, as well as some other planes. you got a 6/lance/toga?

it's just a very clear shot out in the middle of nowhere with the sun shining and plenty of low wing representation, as well as some other planes. you got a 6/lance/toga?

No, Cherokee-235 ("Charger" but they only called it that for one year)

What u using to hold the CO tester in place?? The little sticky on that back is useless. Was thinking of a small piece of Velcro
To be honest I haven’t paid much attention to the adhesive on the back. I’ll check it out next time I fly the bird.

Messing around with the Husky yesterday afternoon. Looking at the great pictures on this thread these iPhone shots seem pretty poor in comparison.

The Hungry Horse Reservoir near Glacier Park, Montana.
Hungry Horse Reservoir .JPG

Flathead Lake - Kalispell (KGPI) with the Swan and Mission Ranges in the foreground. Yes, I have nailed my noggin twice on those flap hinges ducking under the wing (slow learner?), but so far have avoided the more lethal looking spades.
Flathead Lake MT.JPG

Go West, young man. The Flathead Range, MT
Hungry Horse Reservoir3 .JPG

The Big Mountain ski hill and Whitefish Lake:
Big Mountain and Whitefish Lake MT.JPG

Rudder! Don't forget the damn rudder!!
I am truly impressed with the load this little airplane will haul to altitude (actual figures shall be avoided to protect the guilty). I was doing some high density altitude (7600 ft) takeoffs and landings on Monday with the plane seriously loaded just to see how it behaves. This ain't no Piper, that's for sure. :cool:
Over Montana.JPG

Last edited:
I've been a bit surprised at the attention the Husky attracts. Taildraggers aren't all that unusual in these parts, but seems practically everywhere I stop for fuel people come up and ask about it. We had a great chat with the pilots of the Cirrusjet, who taxied in right behind us.

A V-tail in Wyoming secretly wishing it was a taildragger. ;)
Husky-Bo.JPG

Another V-tail, coveting the simple life :D
Husky-Cirrus Jet.JPG

Could the N number be any uglier? However I would take it in a heartbeat if it was offered. The plane, not the number :p

Could the N number be any uglier? However I would take it in a heartbeat if it was offered. The plane, not the number :p

That's a Cirrus owned airplane according to the FAA registry.
Maybe it's their way of putting a temporary registration on the plane and it comes off easily when a customer wants their own choice of N number?
We chatted with the pilots and they were happy to let us have a look inside and answered all our questions about the plane.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pic.

8159696288_19f5c51acb_c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

V
I hadn't been in the turbulence paint-shaker that is the Owens Valley for a while, so I flew to Bishop yesterday to meet some friends for golf.

Pics are:

1) Inyokern airport with China Lake in the distance
2) North Haiwee Reservoir, south of Lone Pine
3) Coming back over the San Gabriels at about 9000'
4) Mt. Wilson observatory/antennas. Pretty cool to think that at this very spot in 1929,
Edwin Hubble and his colleague discovered that the universe is expanding.

View attachment 67164 View attachment 67165 View attachment 67166 View attachment 67167
Very nice. My log book is full of flights in So Cal. Flew out of SZP and CMA. I used to work on occasion at China Lake and flew into Inyokern. Most my time flying into C/L was either in the back of an QF-4J out of Mugu or flying the Navy contracted metro. One of your pics looks like Laguna Peak (VTU VOR) with the Oxnard plains out front?

One of your pics looks like Laguna Peak (VTU VOR) with the Oxnard plains out front?

The third photo? It's farther east...I'm basically flying south over the mountains from Lancaster to El Monte (KEMT). At least the air was smooth for THAT part of the trip!

Back