I can fly this thing, I've got ten hours...

It is interesting that the fact his car was towed away in a flat bed truck was such a key point in the story.

Wow, local station can't even get the name of the airport right. Orlando Melbourne International? Really?

Last edited:
This would have been prevented if the TSA did checks on student pilots born outside the U.S.

He was probably just trying to board early enough to make sure he got an overhead bin.

Lol, like the TSA has ever prevented anything!

Oh, come on, James. That's not really true. Be fair. Give the TSA their due.

They have prevented efficiency, they've prevented travelers from getting to their gates on time, they've prevented luggage from being scanned without damage, they've prevented protection of personal property, they've prevented freedom from unreasonable searches, and many other things.

Let's give them the credit they deserve.

TSA...Taxpayers Screwed Again

Not true!!

They prevented my toothpaste from getting on board one time....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ten hours is enough to takeoff and fly. He probably wasn’t planning to attempt a landing. Was he an aloha snackbar type?

Now if he could only start the airplane,he would have been ,good to go.

And they shut the airport down for 5 hours because this boozed up nutbag snuck aboard a shut down airplane locked behind a steel fence for maintenance. You can bet since the Dash 8 incident the APU or Starter-motor is disabled when the plane is out of service.

And they shut the airport down for 5 hours because this boozed up nutbag snuck aboard a shut down airplane locked behind a steel fence for maintenance. You can bet since the Dash 8 incident the APU or Starter-motor is disabled when the plane is out of service.
While I agree it is nonsense to shutdown all operations because of what happens at a maintenance hangar, I really doubt if airlines are disabling the APU or engine starters just because of that incident.

And the other AIRLINE employees grabbed him before he got to the cockpit.
The TSA is just the visible part of the security theater. If you don't have the airline guys (and their contractors) as the first line, you've got no hope.

Back