I don't think this will buff out

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
This is the Cherokee Six I used to co-own. I sold my share about 6 weeks before this accident.

The best news is, all 6 aboard walked away with cuts and bruises. No broken bones and no loss of life.

It's sobering to see a plane in which I have 30+ hours in this condition.

https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Planes/N33354Crash090718dr/n-vVr7Gd/

Glad to hear all walked away from that mess. It’s sobering, for sure.

I look back at our Debonair and it breaks my heart but we survived and that’s the most important takeaway. They will all continue to move forward.

Last edited:
jeez....power loss on takeoff?

That's what I heard. I had a brief email exchange with the accident pilot but I was more concerned with how he, his wife, and 4 kids fared in this.

I'll give it a bit before ask about the how's and why's of it all.

^^ no kidding.

It happened on a Friday. I would get a lottery ticket on Saturday (before my luck runs out) and spend Sunday at church.

Good place to put it down! Nothing but pine trees round these parts!

All walked away. Perfect landing considering the circumstances. The insurance company was looking to buy a new plane anyway.

I've heard that you always blame things like that on the previous owner. ;)

Glad to see everyone survived,good job by the pilot.

A couple more inches to the left and that tree would have taken everyone out.

Otherwise looks like he was headed towards the road but ran out of room due to the power lines.

No broken bones and no loss of life is the main subject here. Planes can be replaced, people can't.

That road is rougher than a corn cob....The rock haulers have it so torn up since it was redone just a few years ago, it needs to be done again.

Back