Return trip from OSH/Scare the Wife

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
This video doesn't have a whole lot going on. I did run the left aux dry without telling my wife and her reaction was pretty funny. Yes, I'm a little twisted I guess. :)

Gave a shout-out to @Jay Honeck with his Amelia's Landing...really hope we can make it down there one day!

For those interested:

I failed to brief my wife on something like that once. The tank ran dry a couple of minutes before I expected and everything went silent for about 5 seconds. I'd planned to tell her that I'd be running a tank dry and the engine might sputter, but didn't get around to it in time. She was not pleased.

Tread lightly. That’s how pilots find themselves with significant others that are not willing to fly.
I agree. I forgot to mention that I should have warned her but forgot. At the time I was busy flying the plane and getting fuel back to the motor so I didn’t get to see her reaction till I edited the video. That part was my humor. Lucky for me she’s still down to fly. Although I’m guessing she’ll pay more attention while I’m on the aux tanks for a bit.

Tread lightly. That’s how pilots find themselves with significant others that are not willing to fly.

Along those same lines, I have a friend that would bring people up for their first little airplane ride, and proceed to scare the crap out of them by doing stalls, wing overs, abrupt climbs and dives, etc. He would think it’s the greatest thing ever trying to make them sick. I told him he was an ******* and he had no idea why.

Along those same lines, I have a friend that would bring people up for their first little airplane ride, and proceed to scare the crap out of them by doing stalls, wing overs, abrupt climbs and dives, etc. He would think it’s the greatest thing ever trying to make them sick. I told him he was an ******* and he had no idea why.
That’s sad. I think there is one of those around many airports. I feel bad for the people they take flying.

Anyone that does that is not doing GA any favors...:yes:

I raced cars before flying and was a total terror on the street and on the track. I haven't been in a race car for at least 20 years now, and I have friends that still won't ride in a car with me.

I am totally opposite in a plane, smooth and steady, and yet some of my friends won't get in a plane with me for fear that I'll fly like I drive.

In my defense I have never had an accident on the street that was my fault. Not saying I haven't bumped a few cars when they needed it.....

I raced cars before flying and was a total terror on the street and on the track. I haven't been in a race car for at least 20 years now, and I have friends that still won't ride in a car with me.

I am totally opposite in a plane, smooth and steady, and yet some of my friends won't get in a plane with me for fear that I'll fly like I drive.

In my defense I have never had an accident on the street that was my fault. Not saying I haven't bumped a few cars when they needed it.....

Interesting because when I used to race a lot I was a very mellow street driver during the track season. In the off season, my street driving would start creeping more and more aggressive. By the time spring rolled around, I was a pretty aggressive street driver. And then as soon as I hit the track for the first time in a year, I was instantly driving miss daisy on the street.

With my wife I will look out the left window.....Uh oh..... crap....crap.......oh my god.... OH MY GOD.!!!

She doesn't fall for it......

any more.

Reminds me of a story. My flight instructor/friend (Delta pilot now days) about 18 years ago was flying over south Georgia with his girlfriend. When she fell asleep he found a long straight dirt road, made sure there were no power lines/obstructions and set up for a touch and go. Right before he flared he shook her and then started screaming and touched down. :yikes: Obviously scared the heck out of the poor girl.

Reminds me of a story. My flight instructor/friend (Delta pilot now days) about 18 years ago was flying over south Georgia with his girlfriend. When she fell asleep he found a long straight dirt road, made sure there were no power lines/obstructions and set up for a touch and go. Right before he flared he shook her and then started screaming and touched down. :yikes: Obviously scared the heck out of the poor girl.

They'll hire that guy, but insult people at the interview for not remembering traffic tickets (true story, and to tie it to the other thread). Further proof morality is relative.:D

Y
They'll hire that guy, but insult people at the interview for not remembering traffic tickets (true story, and to tie it to the other thread). Further proof morality is relative.:D
You pretty much have to be a dick to get hired at delta. I’ve been trying to get on there for a while. So far I have been able to consistently maintain ******* status. Still reaching for the stars to get that Delta number.

When my wife was a kid she had some a**hole do that to her. Now she's scared to death of flying. Makes is hard for the rest of the family who enjoys flying. He got his though. I just heard that he ground looped his plane the other day. Not that I want anyone hurt or wrecked airplanes but it couldn't have happened to better guy. Yes, he walked away. Yes, there is a bent airplane.

Nice video, may have passed you opposite direction on our way up! Congrats on tying the knot...

Back