search thumb drive ??

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
How can I search only a thumb drive in Win 7.

I am loading a bunch of pictures on a thumb drive for kids and want to search it for pictures they have no interest in. When I search, it searches both the drive, AND my hard drive.

example: I'd like to delete wingbuild.jpg from the drive, but not the HD.

Thanks Paul
Salome, AZ

Click My Computer. Select your thumb drive from the list of drives and open it (double click). Then do your search on that drive only. And files you delete from that drive will only be deleted from that drive.

Open the File Explorer app. There should be a search box in the upper right. Select the folder / drive you want to start the search on and type something in the search box.

WindowsKey-R, "CMD", "U:" (or whatever your letter your usb drive happens to be), "dir /s wingbuild.jpg", "cd <directory of wingbuild.jpg>", "del wingbuild.jpg"

Open the File Explorer app. There should be a search box in the upper right. Select the folder / drive you want to start the search on and type something in the search box.

Thanks I feel kinda dumb. All these years And I've never noticed that search box in the corner.

Thanks again

Thanks I feel kinda dumb. All these years And I've never noticed that search box in the corner.

Thanks again

Don't feel bad. I only just found that box myself recently.:(

Back