Ann keeps calling...

Ann keeps calling,

I thought you meant this Ann:

ann_coulter.jpg

I mean it's almost time to vote again....

I don't get these calls. Must be because I don't answer unknown numbers. So got that rockin' for me. ;)

Yup. Except for the ones that leave voicemails (and that's happening more and more), I have no idea what these spams are for. I still get them though, and they're a huge PITA. Yesterday I got no fewer than 7, and those are only the ones that came through when I wasn't in airplane mode. I have no idea how many were trying to reach me during the other 4 hours, but at least they didn't leave any voicemails.

Yup. Except for the ones that leave voicemails (and that's happening more and more), I have no idea what these spams are for. I still get them though, and they're a huge PITA. Yesterday I got no fewer than 7, and those are only the ones that came through when I wasn't in airplane mode. I have no idea how many were trying to reach me during the other 4 hours, but at least they didn't leave any voicemails.

I’ve had a few VMs, some even cut off, intentionally I think, to try and make you curious and call back. Not falling for that either. Just ignore them.

She's been calling all of us here in the office for weeks. Always from a different number so blocking is of no use. She's called me three times today from Jersey City.
201-204-5437
201-204-5292
201-204-5268

We used to hear from Julia a lot, but maybe she moved on to another job.
stay on the line and opt-out

Been getting those on the cell. I see Jersey City and they get ignored.

Got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I was all set to take the time to vent my anger on this scam artist. It turned out to be Airtex asking about a color. o_O

I’ve had a few VMs, some even cut off, intentionally I think, to try and make you curious and call back. Not falling for that either. Just ignore them.
That's the M.O. -- the voice mails are recorded with cleverly-placed gaps to make the recipient want to call back and get the rest of the story -- and the trap is sprung.

"Every time someone calls from Jersey City, an angel gets it's wings." - Zuzu

Pizzes me the Eff off when I'm in a much different time zone.

Rachel has a hot voice, though. And millions of dollars, apparently. That's hot.

Used to be you could mess with the telemarketers. Now every call we get is a robocall. Most are computer generated text-to-speech calls, and even the text isn't decent English. Not even Google Translate quality English. Then there are the ones that try to SOUND like a live person, but aren't. Play a greeting, wait for a response, keep right on going regardless of the response. We VERY rarely get an actual person, so it's really not any fun any more.

I did get a call a couple of weeks ago. Nice sounding girl, very Chinese but trying hard to speak English well. I listened just long enough before venting to discover that she worked for a PCB manufacturer and was calling to offer me a deal on their service. Well, OK, I'll cut them a break... I HAVE used Chinese PCB manufacturers, and although I sold that business I'm not going to get too upset if they take the time to call in person all the way from Guangzhou or wherever.

Got the new Ooma yesterday. We'll beat on that for a few weeks to see how well it works, and if it's good we'll port our landline number over and let Nomorobo deal with them.

I usually get calls from robots but once I got a call from a human. I said I'm glad you called and she said she was too. Then I said "OK, we've got the money together, where do you want us to take it." There was a long pause and then she hung up.

Amelia from Microsoft.
Apparently my Microsoft system is experiencing problems, and they want to help.
That's so sweet!
Can you do anything for my Linux systems? That's all I own.
A month ago I got a call from my own phone number.

Back