Am I the only one?

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
I have never been inside a Starbucks. Am I the only one?

What you got?

Don't feel like the lone stranger...I like the smell of a good coffee, but can't stand the taste of it.

Don't feel like the lone stranger...I like the smell of a good coffee, but can't stand the taste of it.
I’m exactly the same way. I think it’s just an acquired taste like a lot of beverages.

It's popular to trash-talk Starbucks. I'm not sure why. I enjoy it a few times a year. I have their kcups year-round, but it's not quite as good as the in-store stuff. I think some people just aren't happy unless they can make other people miserable too.

I'm not really a coffee snob. I enjoy a couple of cups every Saturday morning of whatever Cracker Barrel serves with my dad and brother, so I'm really not picky.

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as bad coffee though. I can't drink whatever it is they serve at our cafeteria at work. It took three years of me asking, but they finally put Keurigs in.

-never been inside a Starbucks
-don’t do FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc, etc.
-no interest in Virtual Reality
-still drive my own cars
-never received a Participation Award
-
......now get off my lawn!

Starbucks is a good place to meet up for Craiglist transactions.

Oh wait, I'll bet you don't use Craigslist either.

Aroma of coffee hits me like a ton of bricks; seriously allergic to coffee beans & have to hold my breath when I walk past one.
Jealous, as it seems like an enjoyable vice, and I normally partake of most vices with vigor.

I drink it black, and after years of terrible FBO coffee during my corporate days, I’ll drink just about anything. People complain about high priced Starbucks coffee, but a regular Pike is roughly two bucks - which is the same as something from Dunkin’ Donuts. It’s not exactly breaking the bank, and it’s hard to beat the convenience of them being *everywhere*.

I know it’s trendy to hate on them, and I try to drink local when possible, but I’m not too proud to drop by a Starbucks from time to time.

I have never went there to buy Coffee or anything else for that matter. I have met students there a few times for various ground training or to develop flight training plans with them.. Usually buy something when there.

Brian

Except for walking past the one in the grocery store, I have never been in one. Years ago an insurance agent brought a Starbucks coffee to a meeting and it was the second worst coffee I have ever had. The worst was from a truck stop in New Jersey. I changed my mind about Starbucks coffee when my sister (who was pregnant and not drinking coffee) gave me a 6-pack of different types of Starbucks coffee that one of her clients had given her.

If you make it right, it’s actually pretty good stuff.

I don’t buy coffee very often, but I have noticed that gas stations and 7-11 now make their coffee so strong that I have to mix it with 1/4 hot water to make it palatable. I suspect that people put so much junk in their coffee that they need it strong so that they can taste it.

UserFriendly 2006-09-25.gif

UserFriendly 02008-12-202.gif

Rumor has it ,the parachute pilots,drink Starbucks.

Drink coffee everyday but never been to a Starbucks. Oddly enough I even have one in my small town. Nothing against them, just never had the desire to go in one. Had their bottled cold coffee several time though.

I drink black coffee, a lot of black coffee. I hate to say it but Starbucks makes outstanding coffee. I never go to the store because I don't want to spend that much money on coffee but as of about 3 years ago we started buying Starbucks coffee for the house and it's the best part of every morning

I like good coffee. Good coffee is strong coffee. Thick, rich and very dark. This is achieved by using lots of grounds. I love, love, love coffee made in the Caribbean!

Starbucks achieves a strong taste by burning the beans when they roast their coffee. In addition to destroying the taste, this also destroys much of the caffeine that had been in the coffee beans.

Overpriced, over-roasted coffee isn't worth buying, so having sampled the wares, I stay out. Besides, I enjoy the taste of coffee, not a hint of burnt coffee buried under cream, sugar, whipped cream, caramel, hot fudge sauce, flavored oils and the cherry on top . . . .

100% Colombian, light roast, rules! And it's almost impossible to find anymore :incazzato: mostly due to Starbucks' influence.

I only drink coffee with cream and sugar, or a latte. Black coffee is not appetizing to me. I once went on a tour of a coffee bean plantation where they went through the whole process. Then we were supposed to sample the coffee. I tried to drink it to be polite, but I only managed a taste.

That said, I stop at Starbucks every other week for a latte, since I pass by on the way to my volunteer assignment. I have nothing against them.

I went in one once to get a gift card for my extreme yuppie sister-in-law. I swear in the time I was in there, I had lost 20 percent muscle mass, my skin began to turn pasty, my jeans got skinnier, my t-shirt sprouted a hood and turned vintage, I forgot for a moment how to fix a car myself or build fence, I started noticing colors like chartreuse, mauve, and sugar plum, the sweet sound of a V-8 became offensive and caused me to worry about carbon feet prints, I began to worry about the plight of the endangered sub-Mojave blue spotted tree beetle, the hairline on the side of my head got higher and my bangs became wonderfully wispy, my beard was instantly manscaped immaculately, I started bobbing my head to Maroon 5, J.T., and showtunes, I saw something I liked and called it "cute", I realized that LGBT was not a Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon, and tomato sandwich, I craved kale, and I wept.

Haven't been back since.

Joking of course. I never developed a taste for coffee. I just use it occasionally as a tool to keep me going on a long night shift.

Last edited:
only time I went to starbucks was at my last job in jersey. there was a starbucks on the pier across the street from my building, we'd take a break there and sit on the pier and look at the boats and the twin towers...………..sad face...….

I haven't had a sip of (any) coffee since January 15th. I miss it.

I’ve tried Starbucks in Berlin, Paris and Tokyo. Ain’t the same as home - like a lot of American chains, I think they’ve adapted the recipes to fit local tastes. And if you try one in Paris, see if you can use a plain cup - the French are a little sensitive about “American” coffee.

I'm the same way, I like coffee smell but don't like to drink it. I really like coffee ice cream though.

I don't like Starbuck's coffee, it's bitter. I really detest Peet's, which is even more bitter. Both are tolerable when served in the iced white mocha form. I usually have one of those a year.

This was nothing against Starbucks. I don’t drink coffee. I was sitting at work and it occurred to me that never having been in a Starbucks may be rare.

McD's has that, too, along with $1 coffee that is surprisingly good. And french fries if you need a snack . . . .

True, and I've spent way more time on McD's wifi and drank way more McD's coffee, but the thread is about Starbucks, and I was trying to stay positive....

The prices at Starbucks convinced me that I don't really need coffee. Additionally, I cannot get the "venti sugar free hazelnut whole milk latte" I want, so why would I go there?

A while ago, I had a student wander into my lab one morning to complain about the cost of tuition.

Of course, he was standing there holding his daily Starbucks...

The grocery store I ranted about in a previous thread has Peet's coffee in their cafe section. A small iced coffee now costs $2.70. I mean, yeah I can afford it, but, that's ridiculous. Their most expensive mocha drink is pushing six dollars. I haven't been to Starbucks in a while but I think their prices are similar if not more. I may find another vice. Maybe head across the parking lot to McD's instead. I hate hanging out at McD's. I don't really like McD's save for their inexpensive coffee drinks and those egg Mc Muffs that I eat prior to going on a killer bike ride.

Friend of mine owns a drive-thru coffee shop and buys different roasts of Columbian beans by the gunny sack full. Whenever I need coffee beans I just take a plastic tote over and he fills it up. I'm not a true coffee connoisseur but I get his medium roast beans and once they're ground up they sure do make for some damn good coffee.:thumbsup:

I used to not like coffee but then I started working for a place that had a manual espresso machine. There's something strangely satisfying about the challenge of properly pulling a my own shot and I don't think I ever made a perfect one.

Now that I think about it, that may explain why my pilot certificate stays current...

only time I went to starbucks was at my last job in jersey. there was a starbucks on the pier across the street from my building, we'd take a break there and sit on the pier and look at the boats and the twin towers...………..sad face...….

I haven't had a sip of (any) coffee since January 15th. I miss it.
Why would you give up coffee?

I know people that have to have coffee in the morning. They say they are nuthin' until they have their coffee. Well, they're usually nuthin' after they have their coffee....

I am glad I gave up dependency on stimulants like caffeine. Haven't had a soft drink in over 5 years.

Oh, never drank coffee and never been in a Starbucks.

Why would you give up coffee?

because I didn't want to give up cocaine?

honestly I don't know. occasionally (rarely) I test myself to make sure I really can "quit anytime I want". so on Jan 15th I caught the flu and was down for the count for a full 7 days, no alcohol, no coffee, among other things. I figured since I'm already a week in, let me go 30 days with no booze/coffee. then for some (really stupid) reason I went 60 days. then realized life is much more fun with booze than without, but for some reason I just didn't start drinking coffee again. I miss it, but I'm not a huge fan of needing something every single day.

I like good coffee. Good coffee is strong coffee. Thick, rich and very dark. This is achieved by using lots of grounds. I love, love, love coffee made in the Caribbean!

Starbucks achieves a strong taste by burning the beans when they roast their coffee. In addition to destroying the taste, this also destroys much of the caffeine that had been in the coffee beans.

Overpriced, over-roasted coffee isn't worth buying, so having sampled the wares, I stay out. Besides, I enjoy the taste of coffee, not a hint of burnt coffee buried under cream, sugar, whipped cream, caramel, hot fudge sauce, flavored oils and the cherry on top . . . .

100% Colombian, light roast, rules! And it's almost impossible to find anymore :incazzato: mostly due to Starbucks' influence.

Back