Reno races

USAF JD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
I just booked a trip to Reno for the races. We will be there Wed and Thursday. What are the best tickets to buy? I have seen a lot of postings of guys at the pylons..that looks like the coolest place to watch. Any idea how you get there?

The EAA tent in the pits is awesome. Free for EAA members. Trouble is last year they reserved the tent but nobody showed up to run it.

Best place to sit is we’re the crashes don’t happen. Always wanted to go but never manage it. They should do one on the east coast.

The box seats are terrific. Colorado Pilots Association has a few members who get the whole box, all week, and are usually looking for people to share it with.
You're up front, pretty good moveable folding chairs, easy access. You also get a close-in parking pass and - here's the kicker - you can bring in a cooler! This means you can bring your own beer, soda, food, etc. I saw some big coolers! Even better, you unload them at the front and volunteers bring them to your box for you.
Really great volunteers. Local Rotary (? Maybe Elks?) sells ice at reasonable prices, etc.
Super event. Definitely go!! Enjoy the heck out of it. Yes, you can buy XXXXL t-shirts - go America!

I just booked a trip to Reno for the races. We will be there Wed and Thursday. What are the best tickets to buy? I have seen a lot of postings of guys at the pylons..that looks like the coolest place to watch. Any idea how you get there?

Only the credentialed media and credentialed race officials are allowed out to the pylons.

Section 3. There's no finer place to watch the racing. And the crazies. ;)

Been following the action the past few days. Incredible that a sport class racer qualified with a speed of over 400 mph. To put that in context, he would be sitting 3rd in the unlimited gold standings right now and like 13th in the jet class.

Back