I've had enough, I'm getting a divorce

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
From this.

rapcodrypump.jpg

Changing the the old black coax cable to RG400, my old Narco transponder didn't want to come back on. While waiting for the avionics guy to do the pitot static check on the new G5 I realized that I need to just get the G5 HSI too along with the block off plate and have one check done instead of two. Although I was waiting a bit on the transponder the old one made the choice for me so now a new Stratus ESG is on the way.

What I thought was going to be an inexpensive annual just turned a bit more expensive.

Wow that’s gonna be a nice setup

Sweet! And trutrak is doing testing on the G5 now so look for it to be compatible. I'm really liking my trutrak!!

Didn't you put a magnetometer in yours? If so, where did you locate it?

Yea for the HSI. I believe it’s in the empennage. Not far behind the rear inspection panel behind the back seats. I could be wrong though.

I believe eliminating a vac system is a good thing.

No cause he didn’t install it either lolol. I know more about the airplane than my dad does!

I kid. If you think of it and while you're out flying for breakfast this weekend when I can't go <sniff> if you think of it, take a picture pretty please with sugar whipped cream AND a cherry on top. I think you have my number.

I kid. If you think of it and while you're out flying for breakfast this weekend when I can't go <sniff> if you think of it, take a picture pretty please with sugar whipped cream AND a cherry on top. I think you have my number.

I’m in Alaska flying float planes and bush planes and what not but I’ll be flying back on Saturday. I might be able to on Sunday. I’ll definitely try to get around to it soon.
AC09C560-592A-4396-B633-3E9C98760BBD.jpeg

I've always wanted to fly a what not, are they fun? ;)

Have a good time and be safe.

Dare ya to take the old one and put it in a vise! Do it! Do it for the children!

A Breezy is close to a what not I think. Fun, flew one years ago.

View attachment 66921
First I saw one of those, I too thought they would be fun.... And also thought it needed one really good restraint system. A worn belt or rivet would turn fun into a disaster.

First I saw one of those, I too thought they would be fun.... And also thought it needed one really good restraint system. A worn belt or rivet would turn fun into a disaster.

Eh ya only live once!

Y'all gonna handle Clemson?

Eh ya only live once!

Y'all gonna handle Clemson?
Been distracted with other shiny things and time wasters.... not yet following any college football activities.

You're yanking it from a different plane, but I'm very happy with my dual G5 setup and how it's eliminated the vacuum. The 172S has a backup pump, so I actually got to lose two of the damn things.

They put the magnetometer in the tail of my plane, too.

You're yanking it from a different plane, but I'm very happy with my dual G5 setup and how it's eliminated the vacuum. The 172S has a backup pump, so I actually got to lose two of the damn things.

They put the magnetometer in the tail of my plane, too.

Yep, that's the goal. Wonder what I'll put in the space left by the vacuum gauge. :dunno:

I say get the G5’s in there, maybe a GTN 750 to catch up with Walt, throw in a GFC500. And then to top it off, sell it and buy a Bo :p

Jk

Changing the the old black coax cable to RG400, my old Narco transponder didn't want to come back on. While waiting for the avionics guy to do the pitot static check on the new G5 I realized that I need to just get the G5 HSI too along with the block off plate and have one check done instead of two. Although I was waiting a bit on the transponder the old one made the choice for me so now a new Stratus ESG is on the way.

What I thought was going to be an inexpensive annual just turned a bit more expensive.
I told you that RG400 wasn't necessary. Thanks for letting me give you a bid on the ESG.
Jim

I told you that RG400 wasn't necessary. Thanks for letting me give you a bid on the ESG.
Jim

I really don't know how to answer those two elbows from the top rope Jim. Thanks for the bruises. RG400 may not be necessary but its all my guy uses and he found from a supplier for a lot less than the $6 a foot I paid before. On the ESG, I didn't even know that was a possibility considering the distance between us but could you have beat $2635 and barter installation?

Been distracted with other shiny things and time wasters.... not yet following any college football activities.
I’m sure he’ll get us to the NC title game. Everyone says so. Same as they were saying for Sumlin. And Sherman. And Franchione.

I’m sure he’ll get us to the NC title game. Everyone says so. Same as they were saying for Sumlin. And Sherman. And Franchione.
I was there during Jackie Sherrill's reign. While he might have had his controversies, the football squad did pretty good while he was in charge.

I really don't know how to answer those two elbows from the top rope Jim. Thanks for the bruises. RG400 may not be necessary but its all my guy uses and he found from a supplier for a lot less than the $6 a foot I paid before. On the ESG, I didn't even know that was a possibility considering the distance between us but could you have beat $2635 and barter installation?

RG400 is a lot nicer cable than RG58, the performance is similar but construction is far superior. The crimp-on connectors are nice too. I used 3m semi-rigid adhesive lined heat shrink over the crimp barrels on the connectors.

Back