I've been contacted by the FBI

Rushie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Rushie
A special investigator with the FBI has sent me an email informing me that in solving a fraud case they have determined that somebody swindled me out of $3.5 million and that they have recovered it and are trying to return it to me. :drool: Oh boy! I better reply to him right away! :lol:

A special investigator with the FBI has sent me an email informing me that in solving a fraud case they have determined that somebody swindled me out of $3.5 million and that they have recovered it and are trying to return it to me. :drool: Oh boy! I better reply to him right away! :lol:
Haven’t heard of that one before. Hard to believe anyone would fall for that.

It's got to be a scam. Everyone knows the FBI has all it's resources tied up in witch hunts. ;):)

they have recovered it and are trying to return it to me

They are such pals...

upload_2018-9-3_12-21-58.jpeg

But on a more positive note, if you do get the 3.5 million you can buy a crapload of Spunows !!

(they're on sale!)
sub-buzz-1357-1467394392-8.jpg

My email account has been "cancelled" many times, but it hasn't stopped the spam and scams from showing up!

My email account has been "cancelled" many times, but it hasn't stopped the spam and scams from showing up!

Yes, in an unrelated message, I was notified by my email provider that my email account has been locked and I must click this link to access my email again. But if I was locked out of my email, how did I just log in to it to read that message?:dunno: I really wonder about the intelligence of these scammers, or the people that fall for it!

Haven’t heard of that one before. Hard to believe anyone would fall for that.
The FBI scam's been around for a couple years. Rather fun to look at the detailed headers and see where it's coming from. I've caught a few from universities in the US, and called the IT dept of those schools. One was very interested because it was using a new mailing list of email addresses the IT dept "thought" it had updated.

Last edited:
Oh, yes. And they are all ENGLISH MAJORS. "Please send cashiers check quickly in the mail to the shown address email provided."

I can't tell you how many Nigerian Princes have asked for my help.

I replied to one Prince saying that I would be glad to help him. I told him the bank will only allow me to withdraw $18,000 USD only after I pay the 300 dollar transaction fee that will unlock the funds. If you will kindly send me the transaction fee of only $300 USD in cash then I can help you. I currently work In Alaska selling freezers to Alaska citizens, so I can only accept Alaska USD.

A week later I got a reply as to how he can wire the money to me. I explained that because of the remoteness of Alaska, I can only accept cash money in Alaska USD.

A week later he replied that he is unable to locate any Alaska USD and asked would American USD be acceptable. I replied yes, I can accept that.

2 weeks later I received a reply asking for my address so he can send the 300 USD to me. At that point I quit replying, but I wonder what would have happened if I had used my Alaska workplace POB number....

Yes, in an unrelated message, I was notified by my email provider that my email account has been locked and I must click this link to access my email again. But if I was locked out of my email, how did I just log in to it to read that message?:dunno: I really wonder about the intelligence of these scammers, or the people that fall for it!
And it seems like there MUST be people who are falling for it, or the scammers wouldn't be sending these messages.

Ok Rushie, what airplane are you going to buy when you get the $3.5 million???

They are getting very clever, This morning I received an E-mail from Appel, I looked very real, but when I clicked the link, the web page looked exactly like Apples Home page, it had a questionnaire asking for my Info, When I saw they were taking for my SSN and DOB, plus my. CC info. I thought this ain't right. and logged off.
when I went to google, there it was a big warning apple never asks for that info.

They are getting very clever, This morning I received an E-mail from Appel, I looked very real, but when I clicked the link, the web page looked exactly like Apples Home page, it had a questionnaire asking for my Info, When I saw they were taking for my SSN and DOB, plus my. CC info. I thought this ain't right. and logged off.
when I went to google, there it was a big warning apple never asks for that info.
You should inspect the URL before clicking on it. Many (most?) e-mail programs allow you to read the URL. Look for misspellings in the actual URL (which is different from the link in your e-mail). For example. a URL reading " www.appel.com " for an Apple site should raise a big red flag. Depending on your computer/browser settings, those links could load something nasty, even without filling out the form. If you use a browser-based e-mail, you can also "hover" over a link and it will show the URL, usually in the lower left corner (function of the web browser, not the e-mail).

Last edited:

I got one today too, "We have disabled your Apple ID". Return address wasn't even Apple and when I hovered my pointer over the link in the email it was some weird link behind it.

Just cuz it has been mentioned...Internet safety 101...if you ever enter ANY information on a site that you clicked from an email regardless of how legit it looks...high probability you just handed it over to scammers.

ALWAYS go to the company web site by you typing the URL and logging in.

Just cuz it has been mentioned...Internet safety 101...if you ever enter ANY information on a site that you clicked from an email regardless of how legit it looks...high probability you just handed it over to scammers.

ALWAYS go to the company web site by you typing the URL and logging in.

Absolutely. I never click on a link from an email even if I know it's legit, because you just never really know. I go to the site to see if it's legit.

Absolutely. I never click on a link from an email even if I know it's legit, because you just never really know. I go to the site to see if it's legit.
I'm sayin, it soooo real :)

For about the last month or more I've been getting emails from banks that are real but I've never heard of and don't have any accounts through them. The emails say my account has been frozen and gives usual contact info that looks bogus for me to send them my info.

I can't tell you how many Nigerian Princes have asked for my help.

I replied to one Prince saying that I would be glad to help him. I told him the bank will only allow me to withdraw $18,000 USD only after I pay the 300 dollar transaction fee that will unlock the funds. If you will kindly send me the transaction fee of only $300 USD in cash then I can help you. I currently work In Alaska selling freezers to Alaska citizens, so I can only accept Alaska USD.

A week later I got a reply as to how he can wire the money to me. I explained that because of the remoteness of Alaska, I can only accept cash money in Alaska USD.

A week later he replied that he is unable to locate any Alaska USD and asked would American USD be acceptable. I replied yes, I can accept that.

2 weeks later I received a reply asking for my address so he can send the 300 USD to me. At that point I quit replying, but I wonder what would have happened if I had used my Alaska workplace POB number....
Interesting thread - I found it interesting because as a retired Federal Officer with IRS the biggest problem they face today (per the last CPE I attended) is identity theft. Our special agents advise to never respond. Most of these are out of the country so impossible to prosecute.

So I'm curious Rush - did they ever get back in contact with you?

Maybe you could meet at the local FBI facility? I think they have an office at the federal courthouse downtown.

Dam, I only got 2.5 mil, but it seems like more because they include the cents.

INANCIAL INTELLIGENCE CENTRE (FIC)
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Annex Office: No: 793 York Road Sunninghill Sandt
on Gauteng South Africa

Attn: Dear Fund Beneficiary,

COMPENSATION FUNDS PAYMENT ORDER VIA ATM CARD This is to inform you that, We have been working towards the eradication of fraudsters and scam Artists in Africa with the help of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) United Nations (UN), European Union (EU) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and FBI. We have been able to track down so many of this scam artist in various parts of African countries which includes (Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Ghana, Cameroon and Senegal) and they are all in Government custody now, they will appear at International Criminal Court (ICC) Hague (Netherlands) soon for Criminal/Fraud Justice.

During the course of our investigation, we have been able to recover so much money from these scam artists.The United Nations Anti-Crime Commission and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have ordered the money recovered from the Scammers to be shared among 10 Lucky people around the World for compensation.This Email/Letter is been directed to you because your email address was found in one of the Scam Artists file and computer hard-disk during our investigation, maybe you have been scammed or not, you are therefore being compensated with the sum of $,2.500,000.00USD(Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars).

We have also arrested some of those who claim that they are barristers, bank officials, Lottery Agents who has been sending you SMS on your phone that you have won a lottery which does not exist. Since your email address appeared among the lucky beneficiaries who will receive a compensation funds, we have arranged your payment to be paid to you through ATM VISA CARD. An ATM Visa Card will be issued in your name and your $2,500,000.00 USD will be loaded into it, and deliver it to your postal address with the Pin Number, as to enable you withdrawal your funds from any Bank ATM Machine worldwide.

To issue the ATM Visa Card, you are therefore advised to contact the Accountant in Charge of your payment, this is because the United Nations Anti-Crime Commission and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Government has chosen them to payout all the compensation funds to the 100 Lucky beneficiaries, because the ATM Visa Card is a global payments technology that enables consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Kindly contact the ATM Card Issuance Department now with the below contact details:

So I'm curious Rush - did they ever get back in contact with you?

Maybe you could meet at the local FBI facility? I think they have an office at the federal courthouse downtown.

Yep! It was legit, I've got my $3,500,000.00. You guys need to respond if you get contacted.

JOKE - THIS IS SARCASM OR SATIRE I AM KIDDING Geeez I don't want to be contacted by the real FAA.:eek:

Yep! It was legit, I've got my $3,500,000.00. You guys need to respond if you get contacted.

JOKE - THIS IS SARCASM OR SATIRE I AM KIDDING Geeez I don't want to be contacted by the real FAA.:eek:
I wonder if the FBI has ever actually employed a Microsoft Level 9 Techneeshian who can help me in my location.

An interesting video related to Rushie's situation....

Back