Flying clubs at/around KRDU

David .

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KFRGdavid
Hey all,
I'm a brand new private pilot from Long Island, NY down in Durham, NC for my freshman year of college. I'd love to continue flying here on the weekends and was wondering what the best flight school/club would be for me.

So far I've been looking at FlightGest and Blueline at RDU but I'm unsure of any other options outside of KRDU. I'm leaning towards FlightGest for their fleet of pipers (I did most of my training in Warriors/Archers so i'd be more comfortable taking passengers up in them). I'm looking to rent for daytrips to check out NC so I'm not sure if the flight schools at RDU would be the best fit.

If any Raleigh/Durham locals could help me out via this thread/pm I would really appreciate it!

FlightGest at RDU is a good choice for a commercial flight school operation. Wings of Carolina is a great private, albeit large flying club (300+ members and 13 aircraft) at Sanford (KTTA. I am a member) as is Western Flying Club at Burlington (KBUY). If you are simply looking for a place to fly, there is another small flight school called Executive Flight Training at KTTA (where I teach) and one at KLZH north of Raleigh. It all depends what you are looking for.

Back