Fear of spiders

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I don't like them one bit.
Had one slide down his web right in front of my face while I was taxiing once.

I almost ground looped the plane when that happened.

nvrmnd.gif

Mrs. Steingar is less than sanguine about arachnids (read, I have to warn her if they appear on the TV). Me, I don't care. They're part of the world, they've been around longer than us and will be here when we're gone. Most are harmless, and even the harmful ones are more likely than not to leave you be. You're far more likely to die of lots and lots of mundane things. Dare I say it, most of us are far, far more likely to die in an air crash than to be killed by a spider.

I regularly pick wolf spiders out of the swimming pool. Sometimes they look "fuzzy" ... it's just the zillion little baby spiders on mom's back.

I regularly pick wolf spiders out of the swimming pool. Sometimes they look "fuzzy" ... it's just the zillion little baby spiders on mom's back.
Same. I hate it when I see them on the bottom of the pool and they start walking. I read they can live a day or more under water. Freaking crazy

I was riding the motorcycle one day, and a decent sized spider started walking across the inside of the face shield on my helmet. Yeah, that got my attention...

Biggest and possibly baddest spiders were in the Philipines when I was a kid. Hugeeeee I tell ya!

image.jpeg

I've said the only small animal that actually scares me is the bat, and that's true. But I'm not good at identifying venomous spiders, so I usually kill any that I find in my indoor space. Let's just say also, that I'm not fond of invertebrates crawling across my face at night.

Yes, I kill ants that I find indoors, too.

I've said the only small animal that actually scares me is the bat, and that's true. But I'm not good at identifying venomous spiders, so I usually kill any that I find in my indoor space. Let's just say also, that I'm not fond of invertebrates crawling across my face at night.

Yes, I kill ants that I find indoors, too.

image.gif

My wife got bit by something last year. Initially there were two tiny little spots, and eventually a spot about the size of a dime rotted and fell out. She hates having a scar.

I felt so bad for her. I took her to our family doctor and she said since we don't know what caused it she really can't do anything for her. It was painful for a month.

My wife got bit by something last year. Initially there were two tiny little spots, and eventually a spot about the size of a dime rotted and fell out. She hates having a scar.

I felt so bad for her. I took her to our family doctor and she said since we don't know what caused it she really can't do anything for her. It was painful for a month.
Sounds like a brown recluse.

I really like spiders and snakes. Seriously. They're cool. Especially snakes.

Oh, and bats too.

Carry on.

I really like spiders and snakes. Seriously. They're cool. Especially snakes.

Oh, and bats too.

Carry on.
Totally agree on snakes. Though I stay away from the venomous kind. But you can keep your spiders and bats. Especially bats.

Barking spiders are not particularly pleasant, either.

Totally agree on snakes. Though I stay away from the venomous kind. But you can keep your spiders and bats. Especially bats.
Spiders are quite fascinating and create beautiful art.

9A722585-8B5D-4607-8AEF-87559C31C582.jpeg B7264DE0-4FE2-4C06-92C5-6D4F824D0ED4.jpeg 7134B9DC-C276-47B9-A8AE-95447D1BB7D3.jpeg

I had an Ercoupe trucked down to me for major IRAN. It was INFESTED with spiders. I covered it with plastic and set off foggers under the plastic tent. It still took me quite a while before I got the courage to climb into the thing. I hate spiders. Snakes--no problem.

Snakes OK...spiders no...developed this after a Brown Recluse bite while TDY at Ft Hood...not only delayed my trip home I literally left a piece of my Ass there as well were I was bitten...not fun at all.

Hate'em! When I first moved out I had this conversation with my Mom. I was so proud of hiring my first exterminator. I said, "For $40 a month they are going to come kill all the spiders!"

Mom said, "don't do that, the spiders eat the other bugs."

I say, "it's ok, they are going to kill all them too."

She hadn't thought about that, apparently, the entire time I grew up, because I only remember the occasional exterminator coming to look for termites. Just let spiders hang around everywhere when I was a kid.

Growing up I learned very quickly what a black widow web felt like(was never bitten) and they're the only spider I'll go and find the spray, and the torch, and the baseball bat for until I find them and kill them. The rest I don't worry about, also no brown recluses I've seen here.... yet.

Back