Crazy 2018 Oshkosh Arrival Videos

F01LA

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hearing reports of the insanity of arrivals into Oshkosh this year, I'd like to see the video. Share any that you have, or find!

These guys had to try at least 3 times. At 7:50, I can easily make out four airplanes. Which is pretty impressive for a wide angle camera.

In this video, they make it through the craziness, only to go around after landing (the aircraft behind them also goes around). On the go-around, they get overflown by the trailing aircraft.

Jason Schapert of MzeroA posted an uncut video of their approach.

You can hear the other 2 planes with low fuel and sick passenger in the clip, as well as planes being sent back around, and later those not at Ripon to proceed no further and find alternates.

This one is going OK until the taildragger in front of him ground loops. He has to veer right while touching down (at about 5:10):

Last edited:
Here is MzeroA's uncut arrival video:

One of the very few occasions I wish I’d have had a camera. It was wild indeed

This one is going OK until the taildragger in front of him ground loops. He has to veer right while touching down (at about 5:10):

Ha.... this was us, yes it was a little "exciting" at the end, hope the Taildragger guy was ok - he missed both 36L and R finals then was instructed to do a 360 to land ahead of us, so was clearly feeling some pressure.

Was our first trip to Oshkosh, just glad we made it in one piece :)

Back