Bollard gate help!!

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Last edited:
I don’t even know what this bollard thing is doing. It’s definitely not a gate, so what’s it’s purpose?

Why gate at the ditch?
Move 10’ towards house where ground is level.
Pics?

I don’t even know what this bollard thing is doing. It’s definitely not a gate, so what’s it’s purpose?
It's a steel post that rises from the ground and prevents you from driving past it. It won't stop someone on foot but will stop a car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's a steel post that rises from the ground and prevents you from driving past it. It won't stop someone on foot but will stop a car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok, well I’d think he’d need at least 2 to keep out vehicles, 4-5 to keep out a burglar on his Huffy. Looks hydraulic so there’s maint on that, 100 hr inspections and what not. Gonna be expensive.

Don’t settle for anything less than a used aircraft carrier barrier. Probably get one on GAO for less than your bollard thing.
6B32FF88-2B9A-4ED0-8708-E2EDA11A099C.jpeg

C33D964E-C183-47F4-BE53-92DC0B902DDA.jpeg Assuming you’re just trying to keep ne’r-do-wells out and not livestock in, consider a single horizontal rail entrance gate on an electric opener. Good bit lighter than a ranch/livestock gate that may allow less anchorage to the post in the ditch. Tractor Supply website has such as I recall
Or why not plant a post on the line-of-trees side of the drive?

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I have a narrow driveway with a good soft ditch and treeline, I was thinking of building a ranch style gate with the electronic opener, but Id have to put the side mounts in the drainage ditch which would take a ton on concrete not to be weak, thinking of going this route instead, but with quality stuff.

Any recommends?

But with this spec?
https://www.usace.army.mil/Portals/2/docs/Protection/DOD_Anti-Ram_Vehicle_Barriers_January_20141.pdf

You can't afford it.... How do I know....? You are posting on PoA,not COPA. Do you have any idea how much a hydraulic bollard will run you installed? Just one? You can buy a nice C182 for the installed price. Just one.

Back