My shirt was cut

Sport Pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot
Today was the day; three traffic patterns to full stops as sole occupant.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• 850D6220-1454-4B4B-9C54-FAAE59A7DF3C.png
    850D6220-1454-4B4B-9C54-FAAE59A7DF3C.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 94FD00E4-C388-4995-B375-6D0643E709F6.jpeg
    94FD00E4-C388-4995-B375-6D0643E709F6.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 126
  • B65D95A3-7848-46E9-9F9B-F586CA5486B5.jpeg
    B65D95A3-7848-46E9-9F9B-F586CA5486B5.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 119
CONGRATS!
That plane looks like fun fun fun. And the kind where getting rid of all that extra "dead weight" makes a big difference, no?

Fantastic!
Congratulations!!
More pics from future flights please.

Congratulations pilot! Job well done!

Thanks everyone. I was quite nervous when I taxied to the centerline, stopped, put my hand on the throttle, and just looked all the way down the runway. My first thought was “What the hell did I get myself in to?”

Then I sighed and said “screw it” and punched the throttle. The rest is history.

It is a great feeling.

In celebration, my family and I are going to the Chicago Air & Water Show today. :)

Congrats,you can always get another shirt.

Your first solo flight is one of those events you'll remember forever. The thing that impressed me most that morning in the summer of 1964 at SMX was how quickly the Cessna 150 climbed to pattern altitude without the 200 pound CFI in the right seat.

Congratulations!

Congrat!!! Have fun. That looks like a fun little bird.

I remember a Pilatus calling final while I was downwind on my first lap saying that he would slow and follow me in. Afterwards he gave me a “nice landing”.

Congratulations, pilot! That’s one of those life events you’ll remember forever. Well done.

Congratulation! Now you start to learn how to get from point A to Point B. It's much more fun.

As I was forbidden to set up a GoPro inside the cabin, I had my girlfriend film me during my first pattern.

Last edited:
Congrats, now it goes fast! Knock out those XC flights, then prep for the ride!

Congratulations!!! Just think of all the money you'll save by not paying for an instructor for every flight!!!

Just think of all the money you’ll save by not paying for an instructor for every flight!!!

That brings up a good point. So if I am flying by myself, I am not receiving instruction. I still haven’t taken my oral or checkride; I still have a lot of training to do.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to fly by myself and have fun, but I also need instruction and learn so that I may receive the paper.

Congrats...its a great feeling yeah?

I have to confess, with your hands on the cowl in that stance, I was reminded of the John and Martha King stolen plane story lol.

Good luck on your XC's and check ride!

Congrats! It really is an incredible feeling that's hard to describe to non pilots! I guess that's why we all huddle together and tell stories until we get in trouble for not being "sociable!" o_O

Attached Photos
1) This is how I saw myself
2) This is how my family saw me
3) This is how I felt

Attachments

• F5FCE734-E4D6-4DF5-822B-7A220EBB7638.jpeg
    F5FCE734-E4D6-4DF5-822B-7A220EBB7638.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 16AC27E6-07D2-4C99-9F16-7E60EE51FAA4.jpeg
    16AC27E6-07D2-4C99-9F16-7E60EE51FAA4.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 7CBE9A90-A02B-48D2-A246-9E8DCBB85C24.png
    7CBE9A90-A02B-48D2-A246-9E8DCBB85C24.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Awesomeness! I love reading about other's solo experiences because they bring back memories of mine and I still get shivers down my spine!
Congratulation!! :D

Congratulations. You have now done something that only a very small portion of the human race has done - taken an airplane into flight and safely returned to earth, and 3 times no less. Sure feels great, doesn't it?

Congrats! Nothing like it. I should look for my old shirt now that I'm dusting off the wings. Love the CloudAhoy debrief. What's your ground roll in that airplane, like 25'?

I only had my old handheld Garmin running on the back seat on my flight review last week so the track is really sketchy. Flying tomorrow and hope to take a minute to connect my (spare) phone to the transponder and get a better track. Awesome tools available these days.

That brings up a good point. So if I am flying by myself, I am not receiving instruction. I still haven’t taken my oral or checkride; I still have a lot of training to do.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to fly by myself and have fun, but I also need instruction and learn so that I may receive the paper.
There’s more to it than instruction. There’s also practice. While solo you should be practicing what you’ve already been instructed on so you can perform the manuevers consistently within standards without assistance.

There’s more to it than instruction. There’s also practice. While solo you should be practicing what you’ve already been instructed on so you can perform the manuevers consistently within standards without assistance.

I understand. If flying by myself is practiced right, it will be a type of instruction.

Back