John & Martha, Flying Magazine, September 2018

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
Picture on page 36.

Wow. The early 1970's must have been a trippy time in history.

Maybe it's made the rounds before but this is the first time I've seen it.

Well...let’s see it!

This?
Marth_King_At_Guunpoint.jpg

Man - tough crowd. Saw them eating lunch near hobby airport about 4 weeks ago. I think the were doing FlightSafety training based on their badges.

Whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaa!

And we wonder why people think we pilots are nerdy dweebs!!

Ha. I had a female CFI for a little while back in 1981 who had a nerdy look about her similar to Martha’s. Heck, she might even had the same glasses that Martha is wearing in that pic. Sweet girl and a fine instructor.

Ha. I had a female CFI for a little while back in 1981 who had a nerdy look about her similar to Martha’s. Heck, she might even had the same glasses that Martha is wearing in that pic. Sweet girl and a fine instructor.
Little did you know...it WAS Martha King!

John and Martha are the sweetest people. I have met and talked to them a few times at fly-ins. They are always so accommodating and gracious.

the first time i met them was in Hartford CT at one of the AOPA fly ins. I was a screaming 105 hour pilot that was 400 nm or more from home..and had just flew through the Hudson River Corridor on my way. I mentioned (OK, I bragged about it) that to them and boy did that get a conversation started.

They were so young. I guess we all were back in the day. If you really wanted to see a dweeb you could have looked at all my high school photos. Thankfully I had them all burned.

Thanks Ryan, I'll have to look it up at home. Apparently big brother doesn't like that website.

Back