Shameless "Ooh! Look! An MU-2!" Post

Love Eric Church - good song too

Rats, blurred the tail number. Looks like a long-body.

I just saw him in concert this weekend (for the 3rd time). Great song and even better performer.

Rats, blurred the tail number. Looks like a long-body.

Some folks on the MU-2 forum figured out that it was N338CM, which is an N model (long body) currently for sale for $189k, which is a hell of a bargain for an entry price. Also a higher time (~8500TT) airframe and they didn't say what the hours on the engines were, just SHSI. 300 to go on one and 600 on the other.

Pretty good song, too.
I hate that I have to agree that a song by Eric Church is good, but this one is. I can attribute that to Ray Wylie Hubbard being the co-writer on it. Glad he'll be getting some money for it w/ the co-writing credit. Looks like he had a cameo in the video too.
Kinda sounds "Sympathy For the Devil"-ish.
Just don't call it, or anything he does anymore country.

I agree.

Country music has had a real identity crisis for several years now.

Seems that things starting going down hill around the turn of the millennium, and since 2010 it's just fallen off a cliff.

There's some stuff (like this song) coming out of Nashville that I like, but not a lot of it.

2DBAB37A-5D23-4E23-9E8A-13C50FE76111.jpeg So you want shameless MU2 posts @Ted DuPuis This is what I have to move out of the way everytime I gotta pull out the club bugsmasher...sigh...

Modern country music is rock music with twangy lyrics. If you watch Brad Paisley shred without listening or knowing who he is you would not believe that he plays country.

I would substitute "rock music" for "rock/pop/rap/hip hop." Basically country is now "added a twang to [other music genre]". And sometimes there isn't even much of a twang. Shania Twain I think was the first to really try to blend the country/pop in the 90s, and she had some songs that crossed over into the rock/pop top 40. Lonestar did as well around that time. Now... I can't tell if it's a country station other than they call themselves a country station in between songs.

Some of it I think does work at least reasonably well and I can give it credit for still being a song I like, even though I don't consider it to really be country. However I can't listen to country music stations that play the post 2010 stuff.

And then there is Country Ghetto

I think Eric Church would most likely be flying on something a little better than a clapped out MU-2...or any MU-2 for that matter.

This ones for all you real country folk out there living in the sticks with your Carbon Cubs and what not

I think Eric Church would most likely be flying on something a little better than a clapped out MU-2...or any MU-2 for that matter.

Can't help it if he has good taste.

Or the MU-2 was easily accessible and they figured looked like a drug smuggler's plane, which was sort of what the video was supposed to look like anyway.

Back