Bought a hangar today

Stewartb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
stewartb
And it has a house attached! Fronts a 3800' paved runway. Has a 2600' gravel crosswind runway down a ways. 50x60 hangar with a Schweiss hydraulic door. Small 2BR 2BA house attached but we're empty nesters so there's plenty of space and it's very nicely done. A small house with a really big garage was the plan. Wife's idea. I picked a good one!

And it has a house attached! Fronts a 3800' paved runway. Has a 2600' gravel crosswind runway down a ways. 50x60 hangar with a Schweiss hydraulic door. Small 2BR 2BA house attached but we're empty nesters so there's plenty of space and it's very nicely done. A small house with a really big garage was the plan. Wife's idea. I picked a good one!
Lucky Dog,,, Way to go. Which airport?

Wolf Lake. Commute to the office will be 35 minutes longer but living with my airplanes will be a worthwhile prize. Time to shake it up!

Last edited:
going to be Sara Palin's neighbor. :) Wolf Lake = Wascilla

35 minute longer commute? Hopefully your previous commute wasn’t much more than 10 minutes.

Looks like we're going to be neighbors, I'm over at Anderson Lake.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

The only downside is the drive to Anchorage. About 50 minutes door to door in moderate traffic, but I’m the boss and I can pick my own hours. The upside list is long. Including that I can fly to work when conditions permit. And Cub paradise, whether the Knik Valley or the Talkeetna Mountains, is right out the door. And no more sweeping wings or worrying about the wind when I’m out of state! It should be good.

It takes me about 55 minutes to get to PANC. Fortunately it is only once or maybe twice a month.

Taxes are eye watering, but that’s the way it is.

Taxes are equal to my south Anch house. No biggie compared to other places I can think of, like Bryan TX!

Back