Anyone else having issues with Garmin Pilot whizwheel

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
Got an update yesterday to fix the battery drain issue and the whizwheel doesn’t work on iPhone. Anyone else facing the same issue?

can u be more specific? the menu thing seems to be working ok for me on iPhone.

Someone reported that on Beechtalk, I try to recreate . For those interested, he is talking about the wheel of options that comes up when you select a spot.

I just upgraded both IPhone and IPad. Seems to work fine on both.

can u be more specific? the menu thing seems to be working ok for me on iPhone.

IMG_1639.jpg

All I get is this, note WX and airport info is missing. Haven’t checked on iPad though

Hhmmfff. Dunno.

1fa4b7bfdccdf41584cb97fe22259dba.png

Not form factor related. I have been in touch with Garmin on this. At this time they think it is related to the specific Databases that are loaded. Hopefully they should have it resolved shortly. I had this problem prior to 9.4.1 after the most recent Database update.

Ok this is weird. I don’t have the menu issue but I do have an issue when going to flight plan, it won’t recognize airport identifiers. Sometimes it doesn’t recognize them at all and sometimes if I back up one letter it will:

188e41212808d0dc64f1bae9cf619da5.png

898efbbebb99e635bd6f4473dcca325c.png

ea4caa6679172d2c94dbac5e48fee77d.png

That’s odd, I don’t have the flight plan issue

Try deleting and redownloading the data files.

Sent from my SM-T397U using Tapatalk

I reported my issue to garmin and they replied pretty quickly. they were able to reproduce it and said they filed a bug report.

from Garmin

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. The developers have just pushed a new software release to Apple to fix this issue. The update will be released shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Garmin Aviation Support

update is out. seems to work

But the flight plan screen still doesn’t recognize airport id

Am way too much invested in the garmin family already

spoke to the garmin dude, he said the flight plan fix wasn't included in the latest update, they're still working on it.

Back