Wherever you fly, take a WingTent!

dustinwoodhouse

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
I'm the inventor of the WingTent, and we are finally ready to take orders. The WingTent transforms the space under your wing into a covered patio. It gets you out of the sun and creates a welcoming space to gather pilot friends for hangar-talk. I'm excited to announce that my e-commerce site is now live! It's a bit of a work-in-progress, but it's ready to take orders.

http://www.wingtents.com

We go into full production on Aug 15th, and will begin shipping orders on Sept 1st. Use the promo code "wingtentdebut" to get an additional $50 off the discount price of $499.

Seems to me I've seen this at KOSH in decades past.

I deleted my post.

Now that this thread is in the proper forum, commentary on value is not allowed.

(It was fun while it lasted!) ;)

Last edited:
Actually pretty cool. Pricey, but cool. Good luck mate!

I would hope at $500 it lasts a heck of a lot longer than a tarp.

You should consider listing what it's made of, close-ups of the grommets, warranty, etc.

Great idea! I see you have a stubby version - any chance for a slightly longer version for the big taildraggers and taildraggers on tundra tires? I guess you could use it with gaps but I like the idea of it coming down lower. Best of luck :)

I would hope at $500 it lasts a heck of a lot longer than a tarp.

You should consider listing what it's made of, close-ups of the grommets, warranty, etc.

I like the suggestion. I'll add additional photos, info on the fabric, etc to the product pages. Some of that info is already available there, but I'll add more.

Great idea! I see you have a stubby version - any chance for a slightly longer version for the big taildraggers and taildraggers on tundra tires? I guess you could use it with gaps but I like the idea of it coming down lower. Best of luck :)

I'll field test on some tundra tires and see how much longer would make sense. Longer is totally doable. I always assumed that it would just ride a little higher off the ground, or perhaps the front and back could be draped off the wing at a steeper angle for taller airplanes. But let me get back to you with some measurements and photos @Mtns2Skies.

Any thoughts of making one that goes all the way to the ground that also has a floor, sort of like a tent?
I have given this quite a bit of thought actually. Already without the floor, there is a lot of fabric involved, that add both weight and bulk. Adding a floor would be a serious amount of fabric. And while we call this a tent, it is primarily meant to be a place where pilots can escape from the sun to sit and socialize etc, or nap in the afternoon heat, etc. So a floor wasn't exactly inline with the intended purpose of the WingTent when I designed it. If there is a lot of demand for it, I will revisit the idea.

So more of a canopy than a tent then.

WingCanopy doesn't sound half as cool as WingTent! The proprietors of WingShade, WingShelter, WingRoom, WingTarp, WingDing, WingHouse, WingCubby, WingCloset and WingSpace all missed the mark by a hair. If only they'd had a catchy name... Now, the makers of WingThing and WingPrivy are doing quite well with their GoFundMe drives, and should have product to market within the next quarter. I can't divulge the details of the WingThing, but you guys are gonna love it. Trust me, everyone is talking about it. It's gonna be great. WingPrivy is just a place to pee in secret right outside your cabin door.

Shoot, I had my credit card in hand ready to buy but I could not find one for a Piper Saratoga:)

Just a fly. I was hoping for something like the old Wagero "WingABago" which was a full tent that used the (high) wing as the supporting structure.

I like it, but won't be spending that much. Good luck with the sales!

Back