Pay it Forward Aviation Edition

Plenty from his videos. He actually managed to land a Cirrus in one, without using the red handle. Can you imagine?

He even converted his to a high wing to demonstrate a takeoff, and taught us all how to sump correctly.

You are correct. @SixPapaCharlie is an awesome kid (he's barely 40) and we're lucky he blesses us with his wit. Most of the time.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's put the brakes on this love fest.
e7f6ca189bbbbfa75d2919e849d5ee85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I waited a while to let someone else have a chance but I'll take you up on the offer.

I'll offer a handful of PPL books and a $50 gift card to the airplane shop of someone's choice. Will get all the book titles tonight and update my post.

@hockeyrcks9901 gets an hour of flight training (plane rental + instructor) on me.

I'll PM you and we can sort out details.

Thanks Bryan!

I updated my post with the book titles and at Bryan's request will take some pictures during my next lesson and post them.

We don't have a red handle so I can't demonstrate proper technique for pulling it though...

Due to Christmas, New Years, and then a week of work travel it really took awhile for me to get my lesson in. It had been exactly one month since I last flew (ouch).

I didn't really get any pictures while flying the lesson as I was quite busy...

We started with hood work. Unlike a Cirrus my little Cessna doesn't have a red handle so we have to actually learn how to perform emergency maneuvers in the case of accidental VFR into IMC.

Following that we did some VOR tracking to an intersection, then stalls, S turns, slow flight, and steep turns. It was basically a refresher for maneuvers day after doing a lot of cross country stuff.

And here's the one good picture I did get. I could post others from previous flights but that wasn't really the goal here.

Thanks again Bryan and anytime your in the Tampa, FL area let me know and drinks are on me.

Sorry, not to derail this, but I really wanted to help this guy out... They are MUCH more expensive then the pedals the big names offer, but check out the Crosswind Rudder Pedals. Or if you really want something that can handle the pressures of your feet for hours at a time that will last for years and years, look at the Slaw Device pedals.

Just look up Slaw Device on facebook, and no he is not a scam as it might first appear. He just happens to be a one man machine shop in Belarus that only takes payment by PayPal. It took me months of research before I trusted this guy enough to pony up those kinds of bucks for a set of pedals.

I got the chance to see Slaw's older BF-109 model in person, and for that reason my RX Viper pedals are being made right now. They are going miss the Christmas window, but I should have them sometime in Jan.

So blindrage is chipping in a new set of Slaw Pedals.... going once...twice...

Aww man. I just realized we all missed the opportunity to point out that coleslaw is awesome.

About a year and a half ago, I took @Shawn up on his offer of the flight sim equipment (see post #1). I used it happily for a while but now it is ready to go to its next home. Who would like it and what are you going to offer the next guy? Like Shawn, I'll ship to lower 48 but would greatly prefer it if someone flew in to O69 and pick it up (I got to meet Shawn that way).

Sam

I’m good with that. Going to be a few weeks before I’m up there, but the two-niner diner sounds good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m surprised that one, I never knew this thread existed and two, it didn’t get more traction. I’m looking through my stuff.

Back