Door opens on departure/Nashville Video

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
I finally had the time to finishing editing this, so here's another video for those who like aviation videos. As always, feel free to throw me some suggestions on editing, flying or whatever. I'm always learning.

If I were working local, I would’ve called DHS and had them meet you on the ramp for a flight abort. Suspicious activity. :)

Good job. Stay calm and fly the aircraft.

Nicely done Kevin. Jaime looked physically sick there for a second or two but she learned it isn't a big deal. I flew all the way from Phoenix to Tucson with my door open and the wind noise though my mic was pretty loud (sounded like 448R in your video) but ATC didn't seem to notice. Your gap seemed to be at the back of the door, mine was at the top on the Cherokee. Also, my daughter is in Nashville and John Tune is my airport of choice when I fly to visit so thanks for trip.

Last edited:
Awesome video, Kevin! Glad ya’ll had a nice visit, Nashville is a great city.

I thought that was gonna be a country music video about new opportunities and such. Most bands have doors slammed shut on em in Nashville unless they’s reeeeaaal special. ;)

Cool video. Love that airplane and hangar floor.

You gonna put in a G5 HSI as well?

If I were working local, I would’ve called DHS and had them meet you on the ramp for a flight abort. Suspicious activity. :)

Good job. Stay calm and fly the aircraft.
Funny you mention that. The same facility reported a return flight when the oil filler cap didn't seat correctly and I came back and landed. Got a letter from the FSDO asking for information about how I made my aircraft airworthy again. o_O

Nashville’s only a little over a 2 hour flight for me. You know, just saying. Coupl’a hours and I’m in Nashville.
I hear you. It was originally just an afternoon trip that got extended for a bit. Next time we will make it a meet up!

[QUOTE="Radar Contact, post: 2572513, member: 29607]Got a letter from the FSDO asking for information about how I made my aircraft airworthy again. o_O[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I closed the door.

Another great video @Radar Contact!!! Just the fact Jaime said "Nailed It" all but assured Murphy's Law was coming. And damn that 310 looks appealing. I noticed a cut in the first half of the video where it looked like you might just happen to fly "within vfr limits" of a white puffy thing. I'm guessing you just had some camera problems or that part of the video was of no interest.

Another great video @Radar Contact!!! Just the fact Jaime said "Nailed It" all but assured Murphy's Law was coming. And damn that 310 looks appealing. I noticed a cut in the first half of the video where it looked like you might just happen to fly "within vfr limits" of a white puffy thing. I'm guessing you just had some camera problems or that part of the video was of no interest.
Thank you!! I am cognizant of my editing. We had the proper clearance but the cameras have a tendency to make things look worse than they are out the window so to avoid anything I just take care of it during the edit. I had a flight where vis was 3-4 miles before and many comments were acting like I was somehow illegally IMC. :)

Great job dealing with the door Kevin... First time Jaime has ever seem to be nervous in the plane... Love the shots of Nashville. Looks like fun times.

Thank you!! I am cognizant of my editing. We had the proper clearance but the cameras have a tendency to make things look worse than they are out the window so to avoid anything I just take care of it during the edit. I had a flight where vis was 3-4 miles before and many comments were acting like I was somehow illegally IMC. :)
I'm way behind you when it comes to this video thing. However, I have already done some similar editing myself. And no, not trying to call you out. Just curious. You guys seem to run things very safe and have a great setup!!! My wife is a pilot but it is so difficult to get in any couples flights right now with a young kid and dog that is still 100% puppy. I think its cool that your wife runs the radios :)

Back