Renter Insurance

jaymark6655

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jaymark6655
So I found a thread on this, but it was over a year old. I have been looking at rental insurance and getting prices. Looks like the insurance through AOPA is $175 and I need a $69 membership. Avemco seemed to be $204. I looked at EAA, but had some questions, there are two buttons.

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-membership/eaa-aircraft-insurance-plans/non-owned-aircraft-insurance

Selecting the one on the right, it looks like $140 with no requirement for EAA membership. The one on the right seems to be $158, plus requires an EAA membership of $40. Anyone know anything about these and which one I should go with? First time around I went with AOPA since that is what my instructor recommended.

Just buy an airplane and get an owner’s policy that covers rentals. ;)
I wish....have some school loans to pay off before I take that plunge.

Just saw that the $140 package had less parts damage coverage than all the others ($1000 vs $5000).

I had avemco but I don't recall what the specs of the coverage was.

I have been looking at rental insurance and getting prices. Looks like the insurance through AOPA is $175 and I need a $69 membership.
You don’t need to have an AOPA membership to be insured by them.

Just buy an airplane and get an owner’s policy that covers rentals. ;)
That's a thing? I asked my insurance carrier about adding rental coverage. The quote she gave me was more than Avemco.

You are not getting much insurance for $175 bucks. My non-owned policy 500/100 with 40,000 in hull is just over $500 through EAA.

Back