New CFI!

mezmer3365

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mezmer3365
Well the day has finally come. Hopefully the weather holds out since we have been having thunderstorms nonstop in South Florida. I feel as ready as I can be, but I am still nervous of the unknown. Just going to spend today looking over some last minute material, and then try to relax.

Go for it...you know you're ready. Have fun with it.

Remember pull back to go up, push forward to go down..that is all...

Good luck ! God knows we need more CFIs.

It’s mostly all in that 4-5 hour brief/oral. All the best. Should you have a hiccup, stay on that horse, ‘retrain’, and go for a second helping.

Not saying that will happen, just have seen one or two go home and sulk.

Thanks everyone for the confidence. Passed the oral, but had to discontinue due to weather. I am happy to have the hard part done, but wish I could have finished it all. The oral was 4 hours, but between the paperwork and several breaks, probably was closer to the 3.5 hour. Felt pretty confident. Only got stuck twice to where it took a while to find the answer(both about ATP.) I will do a writeup once I finish the ride, which hopefully will be this week. Just waiting for the phone call since all the DPEs in South Florida are crazy busy.

If I had to do it all over again, I don’t know that I would. The instant fame I got from becoming a CFI(-G was my first) is a shock to the system. Combine that with the riches and it can be hard for some to handle. I wish you luck.

I am no an official CFI! It was not too terrible. I am thankful for that. The ride was 1.3, and I was told to do very little talking. He did not want me to overwhelm a student. I think I talked less on this ride than any of my other check rides. Here is the order that we did the ride.

No preflight
Pass brief
Taxi
Short Field Takeoff
Straight and Level
Power off Stall
Power on Stall
Accelerated Stall
Emergency Descent
Eights on Pylon
Steep Turn
Sort Field Landing
Power off 180
Soft Field Landing

Glad it is over, and I can relax. Overall, both parts were mentally draining, but I felt they went pretty easy. Now it is onto the CFII in two weeks. No time to rest.

Wooooo-woooo!! Congrats!

If "don't talk too much" is the secret to surviving one of these rides, then I'm done for... :)

Congratulations! And good luck on on the CFII... not that you need it ‘cuz you’re going to nail it!

Congratulations, the ‘II’ should be a piece of cake, don’t let your guard down though.

Congrats. That’s the checkride I’m most nervous for!

I am no an official CFI! It was not too terrible. I am thankful for that. The ride was 1.3, and I was told to do very little talking. He did not want me to overwhelm a student. I think I talked less on this ride than any of my other check rides. Here is the order that we did the ride.

No preflight
Pass brief
Taxi
Short Field Takeoff
Straight and Level
Power off Stall
Power on Stall
Accelerated Stall
Emergency Descent
Eights on Pylon
Steep Turn
Sort Field Landing
Power off 180
Soft Field Landing

Glad it is over, and I can relax. Overall, both parts were mentally draining, but I felt they went pretty easy. Now it is onto the CFII in two weeks. No time to rest.

Congrats! :cheers:

My CFII ride with the FAA was similar, guy just wanted to get out of the office and get some stick time. I did have to teach and talk though.

Back