Finally flying my own plane!

joycem137

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robin
Having the day off work on July 4, I decided to call up my instructor and put some more time into learning to fly my PA-32-300. After a couple hours of adequate landings, my instructor had me land and told me "We're done. You're good to go!" That evening, I grabbed my partner and we flew down to KSBP to grab dinner and inaugurate the flight. We landed back home at KRHV just after sunset, just as the fireworks were starting all over the place! It was a magical and surreal experience, absolutely delightful, to finally be flying my own plane by myself.

You can see my stupid video here. :)

Congrats. You’ll have a lot of fun learning all her quirks and behaviors over the next few years.

Congratulations!

The fireworks started because everyone was happy theat you did a good job! :D

Congrats, it’s a great feeling. Looks like a nice panel. It took me a few months before it sank in “I can just go get in my plane and go anywhere I want whenever I want”.

That must be a wonderful feeling! Congratulations!
I think I understand you already had your PPL and got checked out on your own airplane.
Am I wrong? Anyway, must be wonderful!

Congrats!!!! That's the best feeling in the world.

Also we need pics! Exterior and interior shots!

:needpics:

Everyone that I talk to is amazed that we don't have to check with someone or ask permission to launch on our next adventure.

Everyone that I talk to is amazed that we don't have to check with someone or ask permission to launch on our next adventure.
The general public is completely in the dark when it comes to anything aviation.

Congrats ,and the fireworks where a celebration of your great landing?

Having the day off work on July 4, I decided to call up my instructor and put some more time into learning to fly my PA-32-300. After a couple hours of adequate landings, my instructor had me land and told me "We're done. You're good to go!" That evening, I grabbed my partner and we flew down to KSBP to grab dinner and inaugurate the flight. We landed back home at KRHV just after sunset, just as the fireworks were starting all over the place! It was a magical and surreal experience, absolutely delightful, to finally be flying my own plane by myself.

You can see my stupid video here. :)

joycem137 - Here she is, climb on in.
partner - This is the new plane?
joycem137 - Yep
partner - <climbs in>
joycem137 - Get in the back.
partner - What?
joycem137 - The back, get in the back.
partner - But can't I...
joycem137 - NO! In the back!
partner - okay
joycem137 - And get that camera ready!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!! That's the best feeling in the world.

Also we need pics! Exterior and interior shots!

:needpics:

The best pics are still the pics from the sales page here:!

That must be a wonderful feeling! Congratulations!
I think I understand you already had your PPL and got checked out on your own airplane.
Am I wrong? Anyway, must be wonderful!
That's correct! It took me about 20 hours to stop screwing up my landings and get the approval from the instructor to fly on my own... But yeah. I'm free now! I've already got a total of 40 hours on the plane!

I'm surprised by that one myself. I keep hearing that from folks "You can go any time?!"

That's correct! It took me about 20 hours to stop screwing up my landings and get the approval from the instructor to fly on my own... But yeah. I'm free now! I've already got a total of 40 hours on the plane!

What was the trouble?

Congratulations...:cheers: Nice looking plane.... Enjoy it and be safe...

Did I miss it, wondering if retract or fixed gear?

They're a wonderful and very capable machine. I have a lot of Lance and Cherokee 6 time.

Congrats on the new addition, beats an extra bedroom or porch any day. :D

Back