Memphis and Nashville

GaryP1007

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GaryP1007
Heading to Memphis and Nashville the first week of August. Looking for good, user friendly, GA airports/FBO’s in each city. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Dewitt Spain in Memphis. Extremely helpful people at FBO, close to downtown.

I am based in Memphis and you really can't beat M01, Dewitt Spain for heading downtown. AWM, OLV, NQA - they all have their place for different reasons. Tune is a slam dunk in Nashville. I did fly into BNA last weekend and was pleasantly surprised with how that went. Controllers were fantastic and Signature treated me very well (fuel prices hurt) but I have also been to PCB and Destin in the last month and those prices have made 6.50/gal seem tolerable lol, Smyrna is fine, but a little ways out to Nashville proper.

I second the vote Tune for Nashville and Dewitt Spain for Memphis as stated above though.

Another option for visiting Memphis is KAWM. I rent a T hangar out there. They cater to primarily business travelers. I haven't tried car rental, but it's 15 minutes straight shot East on 40 from KAWM to get to Memphis. You go right by Walmart and Kroger if you need anything on the way into the City. Six thousand foot Cat 1 runway.

Last edited:
Depending on where in Nashville you're going, M54 (Lebanon) is another good option. I was just there for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was perfect. Easy in/out, brand new terminal/FBO building, and cheaper fuel than BNA, which is where I've always gone in the past.

See it like a Native! I was sitting at the light this morning when this guy opened a ziplock and started eating his lunch. Had to grab the shot.

Attachments

• See_Like_Native.PNG
    See_Like_Native.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Back