How old is your airplane in car years?

Thank you sir, I appreciate your kind words. Truth be told, I spent 3 months with cans of rubbing compound, polish, wax, touch up paint, etc to get the shine back. It was parked at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ in an outdoor cover which didn't actually cover much of the plane. Also, I got my private in it and flew it for the first year without the wheel pants because I didn't want to break them.

Love these pictures. I guess I’m going to have to buy an aircraft so I can post on this thread.

I remember young college freshman trying to become hippie type flower children and buying a VW to protest something, then not knowing they had to open the front hood to put gas in...:lol::lol:
Had an old VW in HS don't remember the year. It had a 6 volt electrical system no fuel gauge, a reserve fuel valve. Us to open the hood to fuel, had a 1x1 board to stick the tank...:)

I wonder what was the 1st and last year VW used air pressure from the spare tire to power the windshield washer. I can probably google it but I'm pretty sure someone here knows.

I wonder what was the 1st and last year VW used air pressure from the spare tire to power the windshield washer. I can probably google it but I'm pretty sure someone here knows.

Mine was a '68, which I believe is the first year VW used the spare tire as the pressure source for the washer fluid system. For about 5 or 6 years prior to that the washer tank had its own valve and an air hose was needed to pressure it up periodically.

So, in the spirit of the thread:

screen-shot-2018-07-22-at-6-50-33-am-jpeg.65236

And the "updated" picture of an actual '69 VW

187500_front_3-4_web-jpg.65221

Not "my aircraft" by any means, but this is an interesting comparison.....1990 (first YF-22 flight), though one could probably make the argument that a lot of the technology predates that year by as much as a decade......
Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_JSOH.jpg

5252669827_17ea543ede_b.jpg

Oldest in the rental fleet is a '69 Arrow. It's for sale too.
https://bham.craigslist.org/avo/d/1969-piper-arrow-for-sale/6640889457.html

View attachment 65200

Vette I almost had back in '73, '69 427/435hp. This color too.

View attachment 65201

Interesting tail number. N9351N was the Arrow my hours are in. But we had a three blade prop on ours (I don't know why, it pre-dates my membership in the club).

My dad had a vet student who had the '69 427 Vette. His girlfriend (the student, not my dad) had a 327 Vette. He thought that was gutless. All I know is that that 427 would get up and MOVE.

My 1989 Bellanca Super Viking:
9c02bcd84b8fedc362f85d997dc18708.jpg

Somebody else’s 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS:

18f1170d78f80d1266b022e4deaf3c35.jpg

Of the two, I’ll take the Viking any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taken summer of 1936 being delivered to CA. Car might be a little older than the plane by a year or two. Photo part of Jack Rose Collection Air Power Museum, Antique Airfield, Blakesburgh IA.
14843 trailer.jpeg

Back