The most beautiful country in the world

tommyanjelo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
n.sovkutsan
Hi, I'm from kyrgyzstan, my name is Nikolay. we have a lot of beautiful mountain lakes, about 20 km. Only high mountains prevent to fly - 5000 meters. Our Issyk-Kul is the highest mountain lake in the world. There it would be wonderful to fly.

Hi, I'm from kyrgyzstan, my name is Nikolay. we have a lot of beautiful mountain lakes, about 20 km. Only high mountains prevent to fly - 5000 meters. Our Issyk-Kul is the highest mountain lake in the world. There it would be wonderful to fly.
Looks beautiful, but how do you figure Issyk-Kul to be the highest mountain lake in the world? According to Wikipedia it's at about 1600 meters, about the elevation of Denver, CO. There are mountain lakes in the Rockies that are higher, and Titicaca is MUCH higher than that.

Been overseas in a few countries while in the military. I'll take the US anyday. Not saying there aren't beautiful places in the world either. But there are many here too. Plus it's America.

IMG_3881.GIF

Last edited:
Try again Jeff? Want to see.
"404. That’s an error.
The requested URL /destination?q=kyrgyzstan&site=search&output=search&dest_mid=/m/0jt3tjf&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiVpqrrvKvcAhXHjLwKHSY8DjYQ6tEBCEooBDAB was not found on this server. That’s all we know."
Temporary glitch? The link worked for me.

Dear azure, wiki gives wrong information.
Issyk-Kul is the official highest mountain lake in the world. 1800 meters above line of ocean.

soory my eanglish i fogot words - уровень моря

and it is wery beautiful lake if look on it with hight
a hate my contry but i love issik-kul

i dream build Sykorsky S38 and bay little house at the (на берегу) issik-kul

sorry my eanglish is disgusting :)

Ummmm, not even close. I'm just throwing out a guess here, but I bet there are hundreds of lakes higher in elevation that 1800 meters. Maybe "mountain lake" means something different in Kyrgyz.

Been to Manas. Beautiful views. Didn't seem like much of a country otherwise.

Not sure how they define "mountain lake" either, but it certainly is large. I had never heard of it before this thread. I am intrigued by out-of-the way places.

Issyk-Kul Lake is 182 kilometres (113 mi) long, up to 60 kilometres (37 mi) wide, and its area is 6,236 square kilometres (2,408 sq mi). It is the second-largest mountain lake in the world behind Lake Titicaca in South America. It is at an altitude of 1,607 metres (5,272 ft), and reaches 668 metres (2,192 ft) in depth.[7]

Dear azure, wiki gives wrong information.
Issyk-Kul is the official highest mountain lake in the world. 1800 meters above line of ocean.

soory my eanglish i fogot words - уровень моря

and it is wery beautiful lake if look on it with hight
a hate my contry but i love issik-kul

i dream build Sykorsky S38 and bay little house at the (на берегу) issik-kul

sorry my eanglish is disgusting :)
Your English is not a problem. But even if it is 1800 meters, that's about 6000 feet, and I guarantee you there are many mountain lakes higher than that in the US, in the Rocky Mountains and also in the Sierra Nevada. It's also less than half the elevation of Lake Titicaca in the Peruvian Andes, which is something like 3800 meters above mean sea level.

Tagged. This is going to be good.
o.png

I stayed in a tent for 4 months when I was in Saudi Arabia with 7 other dudes...know what? It sucked. It would suck if I were the only one in the tent.

...It would suck if I were the only one in the tent.

Unless the tent is beside your plane on the North 40 at Oshkosh...AND it's not raining. ;)

Last edited:
Almost all of us think our own home country is the most beautiful. Naturally. :cool:

Not sure how they define "mountain lake" either, but it certainly is large. I had never heard of it before this thread. I am intrigued by out-of-the way places.

If you like out-of-the-way you can find plenty of that exploring the Central Asian Republics. I spent most of one year living in Almaty, Kazakhstan and got a chance to see some bits of this vast region. The cities still retain much of the grey, grim look of the Soviet era (tempered in winter by the snow which lends a David Lean Zhivagoesque feel), but get out of them and there are some of most unspoiled, spectacular landscapes left on earth.

One of the most remote places I've ever experienced was after flying from Bishkek to Osh in the Fergana Valley and heading into the mountains to the south-east towards the Chinese border. Much of that area is accessible only on horseback. Splendidly total and complete isolation from everything going on in the rest of the world.

The Fergana Valley, famous for its pink cotton, is where the borders of Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan converge. Purely by coincidence I happened to be on my way through on the return on market day in Osh. That combined with a few American dollars in my jeans was irresistible, and I enjoyed a memorable morning exchanging hand gestures and facial expressions bargaining for fruit and a couple of local handicrafts.

Last edited:
Back