Oshkosh - 2018

That be some good advice. I got away with no plywood for a lot of years. Then a couple of years ago I decided to listen and brought 3 pieces. Everyone around me sank into the ground and had a hell of a time getting free while mine just scooted right on out.

It would appear that your use of the plywood is what caused the surrounding mud. :rofl:

Sunday may be he ticket coming out of the southern states VFR

I keep looking at Saturday's charts and they aren't changing. I realize it is only Wednesday, but c'mon.

My plan right now is to pick my way West a hundred miles, then hang a right to Osh. On Saturday, if possible.

I couldn’t find anyone to fly with (in my plane or otherwise), but just got my tickets and reservation for camping at Scholler. Driving in Sunday midday, leaving Tues eve. Bummed I can’t even get my kids to go with me, especially since my son likes tent camping.

I’ll be the short skinny hairy tan dude with a white cowboy hat. Might put a 455BU tag on my shirt.

I keep looking at Saturday's charts and they aren't changing. I realize it is only Wednesday, but c'mon.

My plan right now is to pick my way West a hundred miles, then hang a right to Osh. On Saturday, if possible.

We’ve got an IFR slot at OSH for late Saturday morning. We’re going to fly IFR to south central Indiana Friday morning and spend the night. Hopefully this plan will let us avoid any convective activity and still make the arrival. We shall see....

Mood
anigif_enhanced-buzz-32758-1354634345-3.gif

23-ecstatic-kids-on-christmas-morning-421u

My available time and weather don't seem to be cooperating. Maybe next year. Hope it isn't as wet as its looking to be for y'all.

Anyone renting a car there? Basler’s website said they aren’t handling cars this year, curious if anyone has a line on another option close to the field?

Is the shuttle to Appleton an option if we don’t park a plane there?

At the last minute lucked into some off, but close, airport housing and made the decision to fly the 414 to OSH. PlaN is to fly up first thing Thursday and leave Saturday after the show. Missing some get togethers by coming late in the week, but I’m happy to be going at all. Hope to bump into other PoAers.

Looks like I’ll be up on Monday for just the day. Hoping to meet up with some of you.

I have a coworker who is flying up, but will be parking at Basler. Is Camp Scholer the only option for folks who can’t camp with their plane?

If you have an open seat, I'll share expenses.

Sitting here at work watching the web cams getting anxious to leave! Be there Sunday through Wednesday afternoon.
Lol... There were several of us doing that tonight in the SOC, and I finally got a seat assignment for Friday’s company trip as well.

Change of plans, I will miss Sunday Funday at the Red Barn Critiquing landings for the first time in years. Looks like a Monday Arrival for me.

Bags are packed! Wheels up at 6am. Picking up my nephew at GAI then to UNU for the Cessna2Oshkosh arrival. It been 10 years since I was last there....can’t wait!

We’re (Mrs. Bulldog and I) driving to Appleton on Sunday. Hoping this will be the last year for ground travel :)

Hitting Oshkosh Monday - Wednesday, if anybody needs a lift from Appleton to the field, lemme know.

We pick up our Innsitters at Corpus International tomorrow. Once they are here, I can relax a bit.

Extra air conditioners, TVs, and every consumable laid in. This is statistically our busiest time of year, and it's when everything breaks!

The plane is cleaned and checked. Fuel and oil topped off. New charts loaded in the EFIS.

T-minus 36 hours to launch for Iowa. Saturday night with our son and D-I-L. Sunday, the FISK approach.

See y'all soon!

lights all packed along with a 110v wallwart for power and a 60' long light wire. Meet Monday at the forum for the handoff?

Jim
If all the stars align, yup.

You know which Forum building yet?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Same one I've had for the last 20 years -- #11.

Jim

Wow, how'd you pull that off? lol

That's like my sister teaching Spanish not just in the same school, but in the same ROOM for 34 years. Except you leave and come back.

Does anyone have a master list of mass arrivals? I can't find one. Trying to save a few gallons of gas by arriving between them rather than in the middle of one. :)

While a "master list" may exist, with the expected MVFR, VFR, IFR weather expected over the next 2-3 days, any list will be soon worthless.

Yeah, wx here has tuned rude. If forecasts are correct ti might be awhile before I can launch out of here. Quite awhile at that.

I can see the mooney's parked on the ramp at KMSN as I type this. The Bonanza's are at Rockford, others staged all around too. I can see how a 'current' group fly-in arrival list would be helpful.

Anyone renting a car there? Basler’s website said they aren’t handling cars this year, curious if anyone has a line on another option close to the field?

You could try http://www.turo.com/

Might be slim pickin's at this point though...

Is the shuttle to Appleton an option if we don’t park a plane there?

I doubt they check. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I very much doubt they check.

You could try http://www.turo.com/

Might be slim pickin's at this point though...

I doubt they check. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I very much doubt they check.

That turo site is pretty neat. Not going to help in this instance, but I’ll definitely be checking it for future trips, thx!

We made it safe and sound from Northern Virginia to our planned overnight stop in Southern Indiana. We were IFR but as expected, had to still bob and weave a bit. Indy Center didn’t do us any favors but the Airport staff at Freeman (KSER) more than made up it — they were fantastic! Even gave me a hangar to overnight in out of the blue!

Darn it! My plans for Monday may be foiled because of a mixup in who was getting parking reservations. I’m trying to see if Basler can come up with something.

I just need one Pilatus sized piece of pavement for the day!

And...

It begins.

By the way, for folks attending, the OSHALERT SMS messages are very useful. Sign up for them on your phone while you’re there.

e5b191da971b5e952a9e0f55c5548e1d.png

Field may be full by the time you get there. It often fills up by Monday afternoon. Last time I had to come in late I did it on Wednesday. Worked out great.
Field may be full by the time you get there. It often fills up by Monday afternoon. Last time I had to come in late I did it on Wednesday. Worked out great.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking the status before leaving. Camping in Vintage and my understanding is it seldom maxes out. I would think with the weather issues many of us will be late. Roll the dice I guess

Back