Dynon joins in for ADS-B In

17 months to go for the ASDS-B Out mandate and we are seeing an increasing number of solutions.

Makes me curious as what offerings we'll see at AirVenture 2019

That's another ADS-B in solution, a nice one. More out solutions would help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

$800 GDL 52 just became "no resale value"... I will share the pain with @CC268
guess the only people who will buy GDL are the people who are committed to Pilot. the Big G doesn't open up their interphase to anyone

Yea I’ll be sticking with my Stratus 2S. Good to see some other stuff coming to the market though.

Portable ADS-B in only devices this late in the game with the known limitation of the “hockey puck” are only useful as an adjunct to a properly configured OUT device in the panel.

Since prices fell drastically on the dual OUT and IN panel mounted transponders, it doesn’t seem smart to outfit with an out only device, so these portables are really just filling the gap until the mandate.

Using an IN only device without an OUT hockey puck is just asking for incomplete data.

I still think they should completely drop the hockey puck on a safety system, but they’re not.

It’s the most dangerous decision I’ve seen in an aviation safety system designed since I started flying.

Portable ADS-B in only devices this late in the game with the known limitation of the “hockey puck” are only useful as an adjunct to a properly configured OUT device in the panel.

Since prices fell drastically on the dual OUT and IN panel mounted transponders, it doesn’t seem smart to outfit with an out only device, so these portables are really just filling the gap until the mandate.

Using an IN only device without an OUT hockey puck is just asking for incomplete data.

I still think they should completely drop the hockey puck on a safety system, but they’re not.

It’s the most dangerous decision I’ve seen in an aviation safety system designed since I started flying.
Unfortunately, and OUT & IN certified panel system only makes,sense if there's a technologically matched display, such as L3, Garmin or Avidyne. I can't afford, nor does it make sense to spend $20k on an airplane only worth $35k. So I refuse, refute, disparage and deny your claim that it doesn't make sense to only install OUT.

Unfortunately, and OUT & IN certified panel system only makes,sense if there's a technologically matched display, such as L3, Garmin or Avidyne. I can't afford, nor does it make sense to spend $20k on an airplane only worth $35k. So I refuse, refute, disparage and deny your claim that it doesn't make sense to only install OUT.

I wasn’t saying out alone was bad. I was saying too many people buy the little IN gadgets without an associated OUT and think they’re safer.

With the stupid unnecessary hockey puck thing they’re technically less safe because they’re relying on a receiver that has nothing triggering the data to come to them outside of really busy airspace where they’re inside of someone else’s puck.

$800 GDL 52 just became "no resale value"... I will share the pain with @CC268
guess the only people who will buy GDL are the people who are committed to Pilot. the Big G doesn't open up their interphase to anyone
pro, meta, ana, telephone a friend.

I thought that is was wierd that the new Dynon portable will not work with Dynon’s own Skyview system. I would of have thought they would have made it so it could talk to Dynon equipment.

Back