#OSH18 Jambalaya/Chili Tuesday

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
WHAT: The annual PoA/Babes/BaconFest Jambalaya and Chili party.

WHEN: Tuesday evening, as in years past. To accommodate those planning to make #OSHBash, we'll plan to start appetizers around 7:15 and the Jambalaya & chili around 7:30. Even if you stay for their entire event, you'll still (probably) find food left!

PROVIDED: We provide jambalaya (andouille sausage, shrimp, chicken, rice, vegetables, and spice) and chili. (We have the vegetarians well covered, just ask Steingar).

BRING: You provide libations (beer, iced tea, lemonade, water and soda goes with both dishes, wine not as much, though some enjoy it; margarita, sparkling wine goes with everything) French bread, cheese, crackers, bacon, sausage, BACON JERKY, chips, salsa, hummus, guacamole, desert, fruit, veggies or whatever you wish to provide. If you can't bring something, come anyway! We understand how hard it is to schlep stuff around the grounds. If you want to drop something off in the morning, that works too.

Bringing chairs is a good idea, but there will be some around, too.

WHERE: same place as last year, Camp Bacon in Camp Scholler. Go out the fly mart in the southwest corner, next to the Red Barn Camp Store. Walk a block south on FOREST HOME. You'll see a WiFi station on the northwest corner at Lindbergh. We're the group on the southeast corner from that, on the south side on Lindergh between Forest Home and 48th.

COST: Free! (Yes, there is a hat for donations because some have asked, but they are totally voluntary!)

PLEASE RESPOND ON THIS THREAD IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO COME AND IF YOU'LL BE BRINGING ANYTHING SO PEOPLE CAN GAUGE QUANTITIES! Last year we had about 70 people! And there's a big white sturdy tent to provide shelter should a storm happen again!
campbacon-png.40202

Last edited:
Count me in, at least for a little bit. What do you need, I will have wheels.

Gonna miss it this year. I'm sure it will be great as always Grant

I wish I could make it, I’m only up for a day trip on Monday this year. Hopefully I’ll run into you and Leslie, but I’m going to miss out on her Jambalaya!

Have fun!

I’ll be happy to carry out my accustomed culinary duties if called upon. I do plan to bring something sweet from the kitchens of Steinholme, assuming I don’t burn it.

I’ll be happy to carry out my accustomed culinary duties if called upon. I do plan to bring something sweet from the kitchens of Steinholme, assuming I don’t burn it.
I can tell you that Leslie really appreciates the assistance she gets from you and all the others who lend a hand!

Can i be as bold as put my name down as a first time attendee at your party?

(And I do plan to provide some non-alcoholic beer for those who choose that!)
You mean water?

I'm going to try to stop by. Looking forward to meeting as many POA'ers as possible.

You had me at Jambalaya and Chili. Then there is Babes, Bacon and Beer!!! I’m in. At 7:30 Tuesday I’m gonna open a can of Dennisons, pop a beer, grab the ol’ lady and give ya all a toast. We’ll do bacon later. Y’all have fun.

Really hoping to attend, and thank you for the hospitality. Thanks for the specific directions, too!
(Update - Unfortunately, looks like I have a conflict and can't attend. Damn. The only thing I love more than POA people is jambalaya.)

Last edited:
Hey - anyone driving up that might stop in Racine and pick up a kringle or 3? Jay H will want at least one...he deserves a dozen for the year he's had.

First timer!
(Despite knowing many of the regulars and this being our 4th Osh.)
I'll have my 16 y.o. with me. We don't drink, so don't use us (well... me) in the headcount for that.

This should be startin bout now. Raise hell. I’ll be expecting a thread locking worthy account of the evenings festivities

EDIT: oops, week early

Last edited:
I expect to be there and will be bringing a buddy. We'll find something tasty at the grocery store or (alternately) bring something to quench various thirsts...

Can i be as bold as put my name down as a first time attendee at your party?
Yes! (as @masloki said)

You had me at Jambalaya and Chili. Then there is Babes, Bacon and Beer!!! I’m in. At 7:30 Tuesday I’m gonna open a can of Dennisons, pop a beer, grab the ol’ lady and give ya all a toast. We’ll do bacon later. Y’all have fun.
Unclear. Will you be popping that with us, or elsewhere while thinking about us?

Hey - anyone driving up that might stop in Racine and pick up a kringle or 3? Jay H will want at least one...he deserves a dozen for the year he's had.
We've tried to pick them up the past couple years, and hope to again. We have a few things to coordinate, though.

As usual, I didn't even look at Apple Maps. :rofl:

But yes, it's in Google.
Kent not looking at Apple Maps? BTW, you did a great job on SimpleFlight on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to listening to the rejuvenated Pilotcast!

Yes! (as @masloki said)

Unclear. Will you be popping that with us, or elsewhere while thinking about us?

We've tried to pick them up the past couple years, and hope to again. We have a few things to coordinate, though.

Kent not looking at Apple Maps? BTW, you did a great job on SimpleFlight on Sunday, and I'm looking forward to listening to the rejuvenated Pilotcast!

I’ll be doing it elsewhere vicariously through you. Have fun

Apple Maps has gotten a whole lot better than it started, but Google is Google... I use Waze for actual navigation, Google on desktop browsers, and maybe have a slight preference for Apple Maps on iOS but use both.

My wife and I would like to stop by. Looking forward to meeting some great POA people. Will look to find and bring bacon jerky.

Oh yes! I was last year and The jambalaya and good company was such a highlight of my AirVenture visit. I will make it a priority to come by again this year. Unfortunately, coming alone- wife can't make it- she has to work to be able to send me to AirVenture this year. :)

Just made the grocery run. We're bringing beer tomorrow.

Hi if I bring something fresh in the morning can I drop it off? And what would be the earliest to do it?

Cheers
Mike

Unfortunately, coming alone- wife can't make it- she has to work to be able to send me to AirVenture this year. :)

You are a lucky man Jack ... must have done something right;)

Am hoping to FINALLY make it for the first time next year, as I'm ratcheting back my hours. This of course will probably mean you'll need Noah's Ark for the 2019 OSH:confused::eek:

Back