SCBC 7/22 at the almighty Triple Tree

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
South Carolina Breakfast Club will be at Triple Tree (SC00) July 22nd. A grass strip so nice you can smoke it. I called to see if we can camp that weekend but noooooooooo, no camping other than their scheduled events, which really kinda sux. Anyways, here's the open invite (I guess they're all open invite). I'll either see u there or I won't.

I really look up to you Southeastern folks...always meeting up and stuff

Wow, why is the runway so long? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a grass runway anywhere near 7000ft.

Might have to brush up on my grass landings; sounds like a fun group to join.

Call me maybe - CAP NC has a state wide SAREX next weekend, but these frequently end on Saturday. I've reserved a plane for Sunday morning.

Yeah, I know, but sooner or later one of my maybes has to turn into a yes, right?

Nope, already have plans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let's see 53 minutes ETE plus 40 minutes to the airport. Working backwards I'd have to leave the house by 7:25. Allowing Mrs. Flysince9 30 minutes to get ready (yea right!)...

Nah, I couldn't get Cathy up that early on a weekend even if there was gold rather than pancakes at the end of the runway!

Let's see 53 minutes ETE plus 40 minutes to the airport. Working backwards I'd have to leave the house by 7:25. Allowing Mrs. Flysince9 30 minutes to get ready (yea right!)...

Nah, I couldn't get Cathy up that early on a weekend even if there was gold rather than pancakes at the end of the runway!

who said anything about cathy going? hiyoooooooooo

Can’t say for sure. Would like to go, figure it out later this week

I’m a tentative maybe. Weather outlook for this weekend looks like crap right now.

FYI I gave triple tree a call because on their website for this event they have the arrival procedures posted (normally followed for their major fly ins). I wanted to confirm this is what they wanted us to follow, as opposed to just self announcing and the guy said YES, follow the arrival procedures. yet he also said he wasn't sure if they were going to have anyone staffed in the tower. well which is it.....you can't have us relying on people in the tower guiding us in if there aint nobody in the dang tower. so I dunno, sounds like it'll be a free-for-all, but just for practice I'm gonna fly the approach and see what happens.

FYI I gave triple tree a call because on their website for this event they have the arrival procedures posted (normally followed for their major fly ins). I wanted to confirm this is what they wanted us to follow, as opposed to just self announcing and the guy said YES, follow the arrival procedures. yet he also said he wasn't sure if they were going to have anyone staffed in the tower. well which is it.....you can't have us relying on people in the tower guiding us in if there aint nobody in the dang tower. so I dunno, sounds like it'll be a free-for-all, but just for practice I'm gonna fly the approach and see what happens.
They say that but there has always been someone in the "tower".

They say that but there has always been someone in the "tower".

for their main fly-ins, yes. have u flown in there for a SCBC before? weird you say they always do when they said "meh, maybe, maybe not."

for their main fly-ins, yes. have u flown in there for a SCBC before? weird you say they always do when they said "meh, maybe, maybe not."

Yes, there was an operating control tower then. They say maybe because it’s volunteer so not a given.

so @Ronbonjovi , how'd it go???????

I flew into GMU the night before, had to wait out some thunderstorms but made it no problem. Was at the Jet Center at 7:30 AM and got a call from the DPE around 8 asking what I thought about the weather forcast. It looked like crap honestly (this was Tuesday), and I said that. She agreed and said that if she doesn't believe we have a reasonable chance to complete the flight portion she can't start the oral. I was all for trying to get it done, but by the tone of her voice I could tell she didn't think it would work out, so we mutually agreed to reschedule. I didn't want to go against her thinking when she is questioning my judgement as PIC. BUT skies cleared around 11:30 and it was a beautiful day... I was a little bitter all day. Not at anyone in particular, just mother nature.

Anyways getting a solo endorsement for Triple Tree tomorrow so I will be making it weather permitting. We've had some crappy mornings around here the past couple weeks.

I flew into GMU the night before, had to wait out some thunderstorms but made it no problem. Was at the Jet Center at 7:30 AM and got a call from the DPE around 8 asking what I thought about the weather forcast. It looked like crap honestly (this was Tuesday), and I said that. She agreed and said that if she doesn't believe we have a reasonable chance to complete the flight portion she can't start the oral. I was all for trying to get it done, but by the tone of her voice I could tell she didn't think it would work out, so we mutually agreed to reschedule. I didn't want to go against her thinking when she is questioning my judgement as PIC. BUT skies cleared around 11:30 and it was a beautiful day... I was a little bitter all day. Not at anyone in particular, just mother nature.

I feel your pain. I'm supposed to go tomorrow to KRHP for mine. WX supposed to be OK, but it's a total crapshoot this time of year. Hope you're able to get it rescheduled soon.

Anyways getting a solo endorsement for Triple Tree tomorrow so I will be making it weather permitting. We've had some crappy mornings around here the past couple weeks.
Bummer. Kinda surprised the DPE wouldn’t have you get the oral portion done and just issue a certificate of discontinuance, guess it’s just up to the examiner though.

Hang in there, you’ll be done before you know it!

I knew a DPE that would specifically schedule the oral and flight on two different days because it was easier to work it that way around his full time gig.

I don’t have to work. Weather is looking ok. Running out of excuses. Now I just need to come up with a plane. My first two options are out. I may actually have to rent.

Back