OMFG crashed a famous guys party

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
The famous guy is this... Philip Kotler and I never met him before until that thing in Myanmar.

We crashed his party for free food and shirts and like well this is where we ended up

The famous guy is this... Philip Kotler and I never met him before until that thing in Myanmar.

We crashed his party for free food and shirts and like well this is where we ended up

You crashed his party 4-1/2 years ago and are just now talking about it??? The shirt says "5th March 2014."

You crashed his party 4-1/2 years ago and are just now talking about it??? The shirt says "5th March 2014."

Maybe the fog is just lifting and the recollection becoming clear enough to describe. Sort of...;)

Perhaps the Statute of Limitations has finally expired?

If I'm going to crash some famous guy's party I'm going to crash the party of someone who's actually famous danggit!

I've never been to a party where there's free food and free shirts. Seems like all the parties I'm invited to I'm asked to buy Tupperware, adult toys or Amway.

I don’t think I would know (or care) who he was even if was wearing the shirt with his own picture on it. :) But hey....free food!

I actually have no idea why we decided to crash this seminar. Our marketing guy (a Brit) said it might be helpful to drum up business. But his kind of stuff, whatever it is, doesn't apply to what we do. Still, free food and shirts.... I'll get to why I decided to post it up 4 1/2 years later.

If I'm going to crash some famous guy's party I'm going to crash the party of someone who's actually famous danggit!

Yeah okay I never heard of him either, and I just assumed him to be some no-name motivational speakers (okay, so he is) but it never occurred to Google him until now. Apparently he has somewhat of a following. Or at least, Wikipedia boosts him up as someone that has a following. Hey, he can afford to give out free food and shirts.

Believe it or not, Myanmar is boring as f***. It's so hot and humid you really don't want to be outside after about 7:00 a.m. if you can help it, and really all there is to do is eat, drink, and tour Pagodas. Touring Pagodas gets old after the first one. Basically, for three weeks, the daily schedule was to meet with a potential client for a few beers, go back to the office and sit in front of a fan for the rest of the afternoon, then start drinking. Rinse, repeat. Urp. It's not like Thailand. It's not like Vietnam. There are not scores of 'translators' to be found.

The food is good. They like their BBQ. One of my favorite was the grilled whole fish stuffed with green chili paste.

You crashed a party? Nice work!

I’ll never be famous, so I’m shooting for infamous. :)

My goal is to be the eccentric guy out in the country. So far, I qualify on all counts except I'm a couple million bucks short. That leaves me as the weird guy out in the country right now . . . .

Back