women drivers.....

I decline to answer that question on the grounds it might incriminate me. :D
Leave him alone! He's afraid of her. Rumor has it that she did her MIT thesis on the collision of black holes. That kinda ties in well with the content of this thread though, a collision of a**holes! ;)

That may be fine for you but (putting my mod hat on), part of the rules of conduct you agreed to when you joined this community was:

Goals of the Forums
  • Show respect at all times.
  • Help build the Community.
  • Encourage discussion, interest and education in all things aviation.
You can do what you want in your own personal life, but if you cross the line in our forum, you can expect a warning.
As long as you understand your warning has no real meaning or value we are all good.

Leave him alone! He's afraid of her. Rumor has it that she did her MIT thesis on the collision of black holes. That kinda ties in well with the content of this thread though, I guess, a collision of a**holes! ;)

I was just making the point that it is easy to call someone a name when it is a faceless avatar over the internet, it gets a damn sight harder when you know them. Kath made the same observation as deyoung did, but she isnt getting the same treatment. Just pointing out the difference.

As long as you understand your warning has no real meaning or value we are all good.
Of course we know our warnings have no value in the outside world, but the MC does have the ability to ban your username, either temporarily or permanently, if you continually violate our Rules of Conduct, or if you are a spammer, troll, or post something egregiously contrary to the ROC.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/help/RoC/

You agreed to this when you joined the forum. I'm sure very few read through them when joining, but they are there.

Last edited:
That is a chicken**** reply Ed.

It was supposed to be funny. Knowing her I don't think she's a snowflake, my friends wife however, is. And for those that have met me in person, they know that I don't much differentiate between faceless avatars and people I've met in person. Some of the people I've called on out here I've met in person.

Of course we know our warnings have no value in the outside world, but the MC does have the ability to ban your username, either temporarily or permanently, if you continually violate our Rules of Conduct, or if you are a spammer, troll, or post something egregiously agains the ROC.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/help/RoC/

You agreed to this when you joined the forum. I'm sure very few read through them when joining, but they are there.
Yeah. I know they exist. If I get banned it’s no big deal. I’m just going to be the person I am. If this community decides I’m not welcome that’s fine. Doesn’t hurt me physically or emotionally. There are a few people on here that have expressed rather vile racist views that I have blocked and they still have active accounts so I’m not to worried about having to “deal” with getting kicked off

It was supposed to be funny. Knowing her I don't think she's a snowflake, my friends wife however, is. And for those that have met me in person, they know that I don't much differentiate between faceless avatars and people I've met in person. Some of the people I've called on out here I've met in person.

Although you and i have never met, I would consider it a happy occasion if we get the chance. I am walking contradiction myself, I am pretty far right on some things, left on others. For the record, I took no offense to the OP, but I am not going to pretend that stereotypes do not get under some peoples skin and I dont think they are whack for having those feelings. I didnt think the reply in question was harshly stated and I didnt think it deserved the backlash that it got. I am a little perplexed at the volume that some are using in this thread. Shouting someone down, name calling or "calling them out" never works to change someones mind. What puzzles me is that deyoung was vilified for his fairly mildly stated opinion, you supported that, yet Kath stated it a little stronger and by your own admission, she isnt a snowflake. Seems inconsistent. Anyway, I have spent enough time and brain cells on this, Yall carry on.

Although you and i have never met, I would consider it a happy occasion if we get the chance. I am walking contradiction myself, I am pretty far right on some things, left on others. For the record, I took no offense to the OP, but I am not going to pretend that stereotypes do not get under some peoples skin and I dont think they are whack for having those feelings. I didnt think the reply in question was harshly stated and I didnt think it deserved the backlash that it got. I am a little perplexed at the volume that some are using in this thread. Shouting someone down, name calling or "calling them out" never works to change someones mind. What puzzles me is that deyoung was vilified for his fairly mildly stated opinion, you supported that, yet Kath stated it a little stronger and by your own admission, she isnt a snowflake. Seems inconsistent. Anyway, I have spent enough time and brain cells on this, Yall carry on.

the way I look at it is because kath is a woman (or was last time I saw her), she would have the 'right' (and I use that term loosely) to be offended by eman. Well, eman is offensive to begin with, so maybe not the best example. If it was something innocuous, and she got dramatic (she wouldn't, but if she did) I would call her out on it. It's the people that get offended on behalf of others, that are whack. Like I stated previously, I am currently one of very few white guys in a group of friends I have. We are all out in a public place, and I had my hair cut the day prior. One of my friends mom's yells out so everyone within earshot can hear "what are you doing showing up with that white boy haircut?!" The only people that should be offended by that are "white boys." Not the Asian lady passing by, not the black wives not anyone else but us white boys, and specifically I should be the only one offended since it was my haircut. My response, acting all shocked, was "I don't know if you noticed, but I am a white boy!" and then she came over and gave me a hug. And if the Asian lady or one of the wives would have said anything, I would have said something along the lines of, "you don't get to be offended on my behalf."

That said, there have been some pretty over the top comments here, but I don't think they should be censored. I think they should be left up so we can see what sort of pinheads frequent this place.

Stephanie really is pretty cute...

Stephanie really was pretty cute...

you know I was thinking about how there were like 20 posts prior to the one that kicked things off that COULD have been called out as 'offensive' (to the easily offended, anyways). this one being one that tim would normally go on his misogyny rants about.

but yes, she was.

It's the people that get offended on behalf of others, that are whack.

I respectfully disagree, Ed. Whenever I see something inappropriate or cringeworthy, be it on this board or out in the world, I always hope that the community as a whole will step in and defend the un- or under-represented. If *only* the underrepresented themselves are allowed to engage, there can be no victory or changing of attitudes.

I'm not particularly surprised that my post drew less vitriolic of a response than other posts. For the same reason it's easier to flame at a stranger, it's also harder to say "You're overreacting" to someone who has just said, "Here's how I am directly affected." For that reason, I wish more women would share their perspectives on this forum. But I appreciate it every time a male colleague stands up for us.

For that reason, I wish more women would share their perspectives on this forum. But I appreciate it every time a male colleague stands up for us.
I'm female and very little offends me when it's directed at me. I go with the idea that people who do these kinds of things are "pinheads", using Ed's term, and not worth my time. I have been accused of being insensitive by people of my own "group", actually my own relatives. However, I realize that not everyone is as thick-skinned as I am. In some ways I miss the easy teasing that was prevalent when I was young, because I could tease back. But I can see how it made some people uncomfortable and is viewed as being inappropriate now.

I respectfully disagree, Ed. Whenever I see something inappropriate or cringeworthy, be it on this board or out in the world, I always hope that the community as a whole will step in and defend the un- or under-represented. If *only* the underrepresented themselves are allowed to engage, there can be no victory or changing of attitudes.

I'm not particularly surprised that my post drew less vitriolic of a response than other posts. For the same reason it's easier to flame at a stranger, it's also harder to say "You're overreacting" to someone who has just said, "Here's how I am directly affected." For that reason, I wish more women would share their perspectives on this forum. But I appreciate it every time a male colleague stands up for us.

When it IS something over the line, I will step in. However, for it to be over the line for me, it's probably something that's harboring ill will, or really hindering. To me this thread's premise it the equivalent of a "yo mama" joke. No one really thinks you mama goes to a tent sale because she's dress shopping. It's not to be taken seriously, or is even worth "standing up for." Now, had it not been eman and one of the pinhead posters and the thread started out with "This is why women shouldn't fly planes" and then a treatise on things women should stick to doing like baking, sewing, minding to the kids, or anything else straight out of Leave It To Beaver land, with no tongues or cheeks involved, then yeah, we would stand up and say something. But this? Like Keyshawn says, "Come on, man!"

I guess it come to what is cringeworthy - and I'm sure you and I are probably pretty close on what that would be, but for some people EVERYTHING is cringeworthy.

Holy cow there are some sensitive folks in here. I'm sure @eman1200 meant no harm. However, this AVIATION thread took a turn toward dumb pretty quick. As I genuinely don't care what anyone's opinions are on any social issues are, I will carry on with the ONE THING we should all have in common here...airplanes...and rotorcraft and hot air balloons and whatnot...don't want to leave anyone out of course.

Like eman said, 8A6 can be tricky, especially on a windy day (don't even get me started about at night). I have hundreds and hundreds of landings there, including my first ever solo on the very runway from that accident story. We should all unite at picking apart the typically dismal job the media does reporting on something like this (though this one wasn't terrible surprisingly). Anyhow, just glad everyone was ok. Now carry on, have a good night, and stop fighting on the internet.

Back