women drivers.....

This is getting fun! Moderators slinging dirt, otherwise laid back guys getting hot under the collar, snowflakes getting offended! Sounds like you all need a trip to KOSH... wrong thread?

did you read any of this thread before posting that nonsense?

I do apologize for not having the fastest fingers in this forum. Between watching my two year old, doing the dishes, and trying to finish up my PPL training and planning cross countries with a poopy diaper in my hand, I may have missed a few threads.

I'm sorry, I guess only your side has a valid argument...
Which is my "side"? I didn't find the original post either funny or offensive. I am simply commenting on the way people jumped on the poster who expressed a different view with "snowflake" and "safe space" insults.

The funny thing about this is in another thread talking about retirement ages for pilots and I made a comment about there's no left blinker to leave on from Newark to Dallas, and no one got offended. Why such offense for making a women drivers comment?

If you don't have a valid argument, post something absurd...

And if someone hasn't been offended yet today, they pick something benign completely at random to be offended by to satisfy their needs.

I think I am going to be offended by Swiss cheese today.

You are only allowed to pick on old people, men, conservatives, straight, mentally stable people.... you should know that by now.

People’s ideas of what is funny differ. There’s no need to hurl “snowflake” insults, and we all now that was meant as an insult, when someone has a different opinion about a joke than you do.

that's not even close to how it happened. no one said "hmm, that's not funny".

ummm...that's exactly how it came down. Exhibit A:

Ok, so, in what way is the pilot being a woman relevant in any way?

Yes, yes, I'm sure that was all tongue in cheek, good fun, and all. Except, these little things do matter and make a difference.

He politely stated that he didn't think it was funny and it wasn't @deyoung who got all butthurt, he made but a simple statement.

@FlySince9 is the one who got all butthurt. No one is hurling insults except him. He is making no valid arguments, just tossing out insults. That's so typical of the PC is BS crowd and that's what is so entertaining about them. They have no valid arguments to back up their premise. They simply want carte blanche to offend without fear of repercussion. And when someone calls them out, they double down on the insults in an attempt to offend more. They want to be offensive, they strive to be offensive and they ultimate succeed at being so as their subsequent statements continue to descend into the mud pit. Being offensive is their life's mission.

Sure, there are also people who are overly sensitive about everything and scream loudly...just like the "PC is BS'ers" do...but I don't see any signs of that in this thread. To reiterate; someone stated a simple viewpoint in a polite manner. That is not being overly sensitive, that's just stating a viewpoint.

But then the butthurt rolled.

(Actually, Ed's quote in my signature tagline sums it up nicely)

ummm...that's exactly how it came down. Exhibit A:
Ok, so, in what way is the pilot being a woman relevant in any way?
Yes, yes, I'm sure that was all tongue in cheek, good fun, and all. Except, these little things do matter and make a difference.

He politely stated that he didn't think it was funny and it wasn't @deyoung who got all butthurt, he made but a simple statement.

as usual you are wrong again. let me use COPY AND PASTE instead of making sht up like you guys are going.

the person in question stated, and I copy/paste quote, "in what way is the pilot being a woman relevant". being a woman and relevancy, that's what was questioned. the second comment hinted at intended humor and makes no indication of it actually being funny or not to the poster, as the RELEVANCY of my comment comes into question again. NOTHING about him finding it funny or not funny. my comments have nothing to do with interpreting a comment, I am COPYING and PASTING EXACTLY what was said.

Ed,

I certainly don't think you are trying to censor anyone, and I don't think anyone was overly dramatic when they criticized the joke.

We may disagree though on this: I think people continue to (declining with age) absorb information to understand societal norms their whole life, and I think of this board as a public space.

Kids on the internet - yes, they should be monitored. I also think there are probably young men and women who are still impressionable but past the monitoring stage that will come across these pages.

Tim
I see where you’re coming from. I just don’t agree with you.

@Troska put it eloquently.
I understand the harmlessness of a joke, even a tasteless one at my expense.
But words have meaning and comments carry tone, especially when aggregated over years.
For adults, too. Student pilots come here to learn what kind of community we are.

Swiss cheese jokes are rare, and unlikely to cause aggregate harm. By contrast, as a woman, I bristle at something on this board pretty regularly.
I've learned to not take it personally. But only because if I did, I would be enraged most of the time.
It can be really exhausting.
That's my experience. Yours may vary.

Last edited:
as usual you are wrong again. let me use COPY AND PASTE instead of making sht up like you guys are going.

the person in question stated, and I copy/paste quote, "in what way is the pilot being a woman relevant". being a woman and relevancy, that's what was questioned. the second comment hinted at intended humor and makes no indication of it actually being funny or not to the poster, as the RELEVANCY of my comment comes into question again. NOTHING about him finding it funny or not funny. my comments have nothing to do with interpreting a comment, I am COPYING and PASTING EXACTLY what was said.

Whatever.

Let me translate for you. He said:

"Yes, yes, I'm sure that was all tongue in cheek, good fun, and all. Except, these little things do matter and make a difference."

"Except, these little things do matter and make a difference" = Except I didn't find it funny.

I don't know how else one could take that but spin it however you need to in order to keep the butthurt going.

He did exactly what Mari said he did when she said: People’s ideas of what is funny differ. There’s no need to hurl “snowflake” insults, and we all now that was meant as an insult, when someone has a different opinion about a joke than you do.

But words have meaning and comments carry tone, especially when aggregated over years.
For adults, too. Student pilots come here to learn what kind of community we are.

Swiss cheese jokes are rare, and unlikely to cause aggregate harm. By contrast, as a woman, I bristle at something on this board pretty regularly.
I've learned to not take it personally. But only because if I did, I would be enraged most of the time.
That's my experience. Yours may vary.

If this post doesnt make all of us stop and think......well.

this is so refreshing to hear amongst a flurry of made up bs.
There are no sticks or stones here. Just words.
If words really could hurt I would have been dead for years.

If people are around me are talking about things I don’t want to hear I leave their company. They can say and think whatever they want to. I don’t have to listen

I missed that one, thanks for pointing it out, many women here have shared that same view over the years and it's why so few participate here regularly.

Yup...here's what I stopped to think about..."woman" could be replaced with just about any group, and the post would still be valid.

That's my experience.

I started to read it, but since it was from a woman, I just heard "I like sparkly things, and puppies"

I KEED! I KEED! Kath and I have met in person on multiple occasions, and go way back. She knows her ish.

If people are around me are talking about things I don’t want to hear I leave their company. They can say and think whatever they want to. I don’t have to listen
That may be fine for you but (putting my mod hat on), part of the rules of conduct you agreed to when you joined this community was:

Goals of the Forums
  • Show respect at all times.
  • Help build the Community.
  • Encourage discussion, interest and education in all things aviation.
You can do what you want in your own personal life, but if you cross the line in our forum, you can expect a warning.

I started to read it, but since it was from a woman, I just heard "I like sparkly things, and puppies"

I KEED! I KEED! Kath and I have met in person on multiple occasions, and go way back. She knows her ish.

Alright, you know her. You read her post. Do you think she is being a snowflake Ed?

Back