Landing fees

one of the airports under AOPA scrutiny opened a free tie-down ramp for transients after they were "enlightened" All the airports that only have one FBO should do something similar (space available basis)

aaaaaand, if the airport has accepted federal money, they are supposed to allow the ability to get in and out of the fence without being charged for it (the option of not using the FBO)

With a landing fee, that can happen. Until then, access to the harbor does not give the right to a free dock.

Last edited:
If I am dropping someone off (or picking them up) and never leave my plane, I am not parking it, but will still get dinged by Signature. The airport is supposed to allow the ability to NOT use the FBO.

The FAA disagrees with you.

What is the deal with this site. I entered several locations that I know have fees but they did not show. Lots of good info about the location though. Am I missing something?
Perhaps you did as I did; I failed to scroll down after I entered an airport code.

Perhaps you did as I did; I failed to scroll down after I entered an airport code.

I do that almost every time I go there...I'm like "wait, I KNOW I have right airport code and....oh yeah, scroll down dummy".

Back