women drivers.....

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Huh. I was considering that instead of Concord in August but will probably end up at Lincolnton.

What a crash! Guess it’s too late to suggest a go around...

Btw, Stephanie is pretty cute...just sayin’

The plane doesn't look damaged from what I could see. Not even the prop.

in speaking to someone who was there, she said her instructor didn't want to talk to the media. I was like sheeeit, I'd be first in line to be interviewed by her.

also, she apparently did a few go arounds before opting for the opposite runway. this place is not for everyone, you HAVE to be on speed coming in here.

"The fencing here, very much so, destroyed."

Is this reporter the same woman that was in that Miss America pageant?

And what the hell is a "Cezzna"???

Yeah no kidding!

I see, 2800x40’..that’s definitely tight!

It's roomy, spacious and well built compared to the field near my parents--2770 x 40, unfenced, multiple patches. Oh, it's very not flat . . . . .

20141115_093302.thumb.jpg.170341f61e48f9f8387bf16c59b703d3.jpg

I like that they chocked the main while it was on the road with the nose wheel in the grass.

That's good post flight procedure right thar.

I thought that Mooney was sitting on it's belly. On the closer shot it was just tall grass. lol.

Since when is 2800 tight for a 172?

I told you this was a woman flying, didn't I? (hiyyooooooooo. I know Cajun is reading this, wanting to smack me upside the head).

have u ever flown into 8A6? it's not easy for everyone, especially if you're used to 5k'+ rwys. whilst not everyone contains your mastery of all that is aviation, it can be a little intimidating. it's surrounded by trees in that when you're on downwind you can't even see the rwy, there's plenty of swirling winds, and there's a fence with a hot "journalist" at one end. I use journalist in quotes because she was really just a hot chick reading some fake news about a 'crash' that really wasn't a crash.

anyways, this is the first incident that I'm aware of since I started flying out of there in 2013, but there was another incident with the archer he's been trying to sell which also ended up in the woods at the other end of the runway.

I told you this was a woman flying, didn't I? (hiyyooooooooo. I know Cajun is reading this, wanting to smack me upside the head).

have u ever flown into 8A6? it's not easy for everyone, especially if you're used to 5k'+ rwys. whilst not everyone contains your mastery of all that is aviation, it can be a little intimidating. it's surrounded by trees in that when you're on downwind you can't even see the rwy, there's plenty of swirling winds, and there's a fence with a hot "journalist" at one end. I use journalist in quotes because she was really just a hot chick reading some fake news about a 'crash' that really wasn't a crash.

anyways, this is the first incident that I'm aware of since I started flying out of there in 2013, but there was another incident with the archer he's been trying to sell which also ended up in the woods at the other end of the runway.

I have not flown into there but I have flown into shorter strips and in fact my last student that I soloed I soloed him at a 3000 foot Runway but it has a 1200 foot displaced threshold and it's pretty much impossible to land prior to the threshold so 1800 feet and he's doing just fine.

Are awesome. They are so awesome, that’s what I meant.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/officials-respond-to-aircraft-accident-in-charlotte/790534355

Good thing that fence was there. Media calls it a crash, of course. I say they were testing the safety fence.

This is where I did my primary training, you GOTTA be on speed.

I feel like I’m forgetting something......oh yeah....everyone is ok. Carry on, fellow misogynists.

The picture behind the anchor was showing a twin engine airplane.

I have not flown into there but I have flown into shorter strips and in fact my last student that I soloed I soloed him at a 3000 foot Runway but it has a 1200 foot displaced threshold and it's pretty much impossible to land prior to the threshold so 1800 feet and he's doing just fine.

well good for you and your student. I'll be sure to pass that onto this woman. "but edfred and his student could do it".

I use this one fairly regularly. Harvey Young 1H6 in Tulsa. 2580' x 40', half asphalt, half weeds. It's a cryin' azz shame, but my Cezzna does fine.

BiwWibqxiNa-EBKFTaMozQs_ubypgOVo_kSTH-a7pQ2A9ZsMRJBdANxFD-Nyqt3FalG5mxZBAxrBjfqXiDobq7BUtb0oQy42G02-MyvyN7SqbgwPs0mSbbcSwFDJm8MVRGpsaiDJdy9jYuorxTVxVSOqioLJ-FGUYbITscfNh20Fthwd3dpSpAjHq6syAEBS3RSrcaQVIbNoQ6HROql9NskPOofa3D94-v4am5KRytlaOPCIMw-_55BeKZygBksxsnCfL3jSt2Vvr_28LstnyIQd0-k7eN_5qXmWNhBm7S0aIi58VRVPMSGnyecX2CYGharV9eZdXWgvQ4xRK9DSuxRdW2Zd4nzJBQDXuMfLYWm1brWElOEUDT1YSLCCOa-c14QADRmiezm4Cz8PLgvD-437Twvhsh17FsHLGHAneRq6IEYRlA329bTjkLmlm-YQW1kT78RCWo_nzNly4M4sYJCS5BMB-6ikfwKPqisY2ppDMVDU5jPMtVZZ92T9xCjl7IS_EsKeDlRX7tFrTCRgPniGSvz21mdC6A50mfcRr8f_0f90sVslnmAtw7cea_7XJgu0YrzUjR4i52MhASxxHazqY0a0hRJmNnQY33g=w1661-h934-no

She looks like she's 12 years old. :eek:

1,460 Turf. WA25 Green Valley, WA. I’ve been in and out of here many many times in the Tiger. Be on your airspeed target and mind your aiming point, and the rest takes care of itself. Went in once with a friend in his Glasair 1 TD, he skeered the poop outa me.

Ok, so, in what way is the pilot being a woman relevant in any way?

Yes, yes, I'm sure that was all tongue in cheek, good fun, and all. Except, these little things do matter and make a difference.

1,460 Turf. WA25 Green Valley, WA. I’ve been in and out of here many many times in the Tiger. Be on your airspeed target and mind your aiming point, and the rest takes care of itself. Went in once with a friend in his Glasair 1 TD, he skeered the poop outa me.

Nice video, but those antennas sticking up off the dash would bug the hellz out of me.

Yes, yes, I'm sure that was all tongue in cheek, good fun, and all. Except, these little things do matter and make a difference.

I hear you. Heck, I'm a math/cs teacher and mentor a robotics team and I do everything I can to get the girls to participate and outshine the boys. But, I think the original poster was just trying to stir up some fun?

These things do make a difference though. Encourage more girls to fly. And remember that teen girl who put down her engine out plane on a golf course? That was awesome! So was that asian gal who put down her engine out plane on a busy California street, with no flaps. I probably would have killed myself if I was in her shoes.

OMG, really? Did you fall out of your safe space?!

OMG, really? Did you fall out of your safe space?!
People are allowed to have other opinions than your own. Anytime someone disagrees it always jumps straight to "SAFE SPACE"... which really isn't a very substantial argument and really just shows how you can't handle opposing opinions because that is out of YOUR "safe space".

BTW, a friend on our local forum recent invented a Rasberry Pi based Norden Flour-Bomb Sight.

Just temporary until I can get the panel mount installed this fall.

Gotcha. I’m just kinda ocd sometimes. Probably from your perspective (as opposed to the camera angle) it’s a non-issue.

Back