Camp Scholler RV Spots

jdennis1989

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jdennis1989
Good Afternoon,

My dad and I are going to take the RV to Oshkosh this year. We are hoping to get a spot with electric. Does anyone know how quickly these spots fill up? And does Goodwill still sell cheap bikes for the week?

My experience is a couple weeks before the show. The 24 hr generator area about a week before the show. I think the camp ground opens about a month before the show and folks come up then to stake their spot in the prime locations.

I take a small generator and use it during the generator allowed hours in the"open camping" area to keep that batteries topped off.

Good Afternoon,

My dad and I are going to take the RV to Oshkosh this year. We are hoping to get a spot with electric. Does anyone know how quickly these spots fill up? And does Goodwill still sell cheap bikes for the week?

Best bet is to try and make a reservation or call EAA for the sites with power and water, there is no sewer, the power is 30 amp, so only one AC you will be charged the fee for the full week, even if you do not stay until the end of the show.

About two years ago Goodwill figured it out and now the bikes are $19 - $100 bucks. They don't know crap about how to price a bike, so you just need to go over and plan to spend some time "kicking the tires". A friend found a really nice 18 speed last year for $29. I went over and they had rusty junk priced at over $49.

Electric spots were wide open as of yesterday. Nice addition in Scholler this year were what must be a couple hundred trees. Not going to get much shade this year but that will be real nice for years to come.

Electric spots were wide open as of yesterday. Nice addition in Scholler this year were what must be a couple hundred trees. Not going to get much shade this year but that will be real nice for years to come.
****. I hope they didn’t delete my trees.... Where did they remove trees?

Read it again...did they add trees or remove trees?

They added 200+ trees.
****. I hope they didn’t delete my trees.... Where did they remove trees?

Read it again...did they add trees or remove trees?

Can pre-paid/registered campers enter Scholler from any of the gates?

The reason that so many electric sites are still open is that if you reserve a spot say today, you will pay for it from the time you reserve the spot until the end of the show, even though you might not arrive later in the week, I looked and it was a whopping 1,000 plus from yesterday, so I guess you have play the game and hopefully try to reserve the spot the day you will arrive at 12:01 AM unless you want to pay for a spot now and give the EAA even more $$

I guess we will be out in the boonies again

The reason that so many electric sites are still open is that if you reserve a spot say today, you will pay for it from the time you reserve the spot until the end of the show, even though you might not arrive later in the week, I looked and it was a whopping 1,000 plus from yesterday, so I guess you have play the game and hopefully try to reserve the spot the day you will arrive at 12:01 AM unless you want to pay for a spot now and give the EAA even more $$

Ah... THAT explains it. I saw a bunch of spots available, but last week it was $1,430 per spot and couldn’t figure out why it was so expensive for just a week at a full service camp site.

Back