Garmin Updates

Hang 4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Hang 4
Anyone else with a GTN650 having issues with the latest update cycle? I'm seeing it on the website and updating it, but the unit is only updating the terrain database, everything else is showing expiring on July 19th. My checkride is the 20th and I'd like to have stuff up to date (PP so not required, but my anal retentive nature wants things to work). The same update went through no problem on my G500.

On a related topic, does Garmin have an email for tech service? I'm seeing the only option as calling, and that can mean being on hold for a LONG time.

It’s not July 19th yet....

The last update I did worked. Waiting for 7/20 to do the next one. Maybe I should wait?

You can try that but I emailed them 3+ weeks ago, followed up twice with phone calls, and still never received a reply. The only way I got a response was by posting on Beechtalk, and a Garmin rep saw it and got in touch.

Thanks for the Beechtalk reminder. I got a hold of them one other time through BT.

I found a thread there that I think solved the problem.

I am a Mac user and update the SD cards with the FlyGarmin app. In the help menu there is a button to clear downloads. Also a "check for updates" (to the app, not the nav data updates). I did both and there was a new version of the app as well as I cleared the downloads. Lastly I formatted the SD card, there were a ton of hidden files on it. When I updated this time it took a lot longer and it went through a count of data being transferred. Not sure if I'll get to the plane before Friday, but I'm pretty sure this worked.

Back