Got my first complex time today!

LoLPilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LoLPilot
I got my first 1.2 hours of complex time on a 172RG today! I had always wondered why guys liked the extra headache of complex equipment. Now I know. I loved that Cutlass! And I must admit to a "Walter Mitty Moment" when I first got to say, "positive rate, gear up." :)

Were u lol’ing the whole time? I bet u were...

Keep going....add the High Performance endorsement next.

I got my first 1.2 hours of complex time on a 172RG today! I had always wondered why guys liked the extra headache of complex equipment. Now I know. I loved that Cutlass! And I must admit to a "Walter Mitty Moment" when I first got to say, "positive rate, gear up." :)

Sometimes I wish I never had done it. Like when I’m stuck with a fixed pitch prop which is usually because I’m a renter. Ignorance would be bliss then. You have tasted the fruit from the tree of cool sheet. Welcome to the dark side

Cant see why you need a complex signify to fly a retractable Skyhawk. Remembering to lower the gear isn't that big a deal. I always thought the extensive training was to get used to going so much faster, something even an RG Skyhawk really doesn't do.

Cant see why you need a complex signify to fly a retractable Skyhawk. Remembering to lower the gear isn't that big a deal. I always thought the extensive training was to get used to going so much faster, something even an RG Skyhawk really doesn't do.

Nope. I present the Beechcraft Sierra. Complex has nothing to do with speed. RV-6/7/8 are faster than quite a few complex airplanes and require no special endorsement because of their quickness.

I always figured it was about task management, being able to walk and chew gum at the same time so to speak.

Nope. I present the Beechcraft Sierra. Complex has nothing to do with speed. RV-6/7/8 are faster than quite a few complex airplanes and require no special endorsement because of their quickness.

And then there is the Velocity. Fast, but not a Complex. Constant Speed Prop, some with retractable landing gear but they don’t have flaps so therefore not Complex by definition.

Sometimes I wish I never had done it. Like when I’m stuck with a fixed pitch prop which is usually because I’m a renter. Ignorance would be bliss then. You have tasted the fruit from the tree of cool sheet. Welcome to the dark side

Wait until you fly a Mooney. The gear goes up with authority, not like 172RG, and then there is the speed .

And so it begins,congrats,remember the gear in your landing check list.

Back