Wud I miss

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
If You Hadn't notice, I've been off line any away for a week.
Took a week off to celebrate our 50th by joining our kids in Honolulu, and Hilo, had a great visit with the kid we don't see that often. Spent 2 days in Hilo, and the big Island.

Had a great time, now what did I miss here.

Love the big island. I buy green coffee beans from a woman who has a plantation in Kona and that's about all we use (www.coffeeofkona.com). Sometimes I alternate it with coffee from Makapueo Farms and occasionally some from down in K'au. I buy the beans green and roast them myself.

Did you get to see any lava while you were there?

Nothing much happening here. Just the usual "how to I argue with ATC" threads.

Congrats on your 50th Tom! :thumbsup:

Ya missed nuthin', you know how the same topic comes up repeatedly and off we go, yeah, more of that.

Congrats on 50!

Missed anything while away? Not much.

The usual assortment:
OSH 2018 approaches, Beech 18 vs Twin Bo, "What kind of airplane should I buy", WAAS go/no-go, assorted ADS-B, the latest attempt at a flying car...

Did you see any volcano action on the Big Island?

Congratulations on the 50th.

You mean you didn’t check POA while you were in Hawaii??? What’s wrong with you!
;)

Congratulations Tom, big milestone! :)

Congratulations on your golden anniversary! Sooo worth celebrating!

50 years. Something to be proud of. Well done to you, and especially your bride!

We tried to see the lava flows, but the state police have all the roads closed, you must use the helo/tours to see anything. and they'er booked till doomsday.
Congrats on your 50th Tom! :thumbsup:

Ya missed nuthin', you know how the same topic comes up repeatedly and off we go, yeah, more of that.
You mean no one trolled anyone? WoW! I got to get busy.. :)

Last edited:
You mean you didn’t check POA while you were in Hawaii??? What’s wrong with you!
;):)
When I take a break, I take a break. All I took on vacation was my phone, and I don't have POA linked to it.

Last edited:
Welcome back Tom, and congrats on 50, fantastic! The only thing you really missed around here was a thread where we finally figured out whether high wings or low wings were better.

We spent a week doing mostly this,

Attachments

• AMH7Cdz3TNi+cqQRmA+%8A.jpg
    AMH7Cdz3TNi+cqQRmA+%8A.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 38
This is the sweetest young lady I think I've ever met, She was our tour guide at the Polynesian interpretive center. She took care of the little ones all day, kept us on schedule so we saw every show. She had a personally of a true sweetheart, Smart witty. She was born and raised in Singapore, student of the Mormon university in Honolulu, studying tourism and business law, and one very special tour guide.

Attachments

• d+L5m8zmSCqtyFwnYUPgiQ.jpg
    d+L5m8zmSCqtyFwnYUPgiQ.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Welcome back Tom, and congrats on 50, fantastic! The only thing you really missed around here was a thread where we finally figured out whether high wings or low wings were better.
Damn, ya figured it out, that was the best troll ever. :)

Congrats on 50!

Missed anything while away? Not much.

The usual assortment:
OSH 2018 approaches, Beech 18 vs Twin Bo, "What kind of airplane should I buy", WAAS go/no-go, assorted ADS-B, the latest attempt at a flying car...
Hey, get it right: it was Beech 18 vs Twin Cessna. The Twin Bo thing was just a minor distraction.

I thought there had been few arguments going on here lately. Now I know why ;)

Just joshing. Congrats on the milestone, man. That truly is a bug achievement, especially these days. Glad you got some relaxation in with the family. Good times.

P.S. Your wife must be one heck of a lady to put up with you for that long :D

Congrats on the 50th, not many make it to that, I know I won’t because I married to late in life, but I’ve got 28 under the belt.
Damn, you just reminded me how old I am

Congrats on your 50th! My wife and I just celebrated our 25th in June; 50 years is amazing.

You didn't miss much. Mark joined the priesthood and took a vow of celibacy, Shepherd became part owner of a Nevada brothel, and Denverpilot actually wrote a one-sentence post.

If You Hadn't notice, I've been off line any away for a week.
Took a week off to celebrate our 50th by joining our kids in Honolulu, and Hilo, had a great visit with the kid we don't see that often. Spent 2 days in Hilo, and the big Island.

Had a great time, now what did I miss here.

Nothing worth worrying about. Heck, you were in Hawaii.

We tried to see the lava flows, but the state police have all the roads closed, you must use the helo/tours to see anything. and they'er booked till doomsday.

You mean no one trolled anyone? WoW! I got to get busy.. :)

You should have checked with Tropicbird at KOA. Not cheap (I paid $200/hr dual for a 172 the last time I flew with them in 2007), but I got some great pictures. Keep in mind that there is a TFR over the good part, and it goes up to 3000 MSL. Given all the nonsense in the air from the lava going into the ocean that TFR is a great idea.

Back