Drill Press Light Bulb

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I've searched all my resources and I can't find this bulb anywhere. It is out of a Harbor Freight bench mount drill press that doesn't have a model number that I can find. It is a 110v 5w 15mm bayonet base double contact.

I'd IDEALLY like to replace it with an LED, but this incandescent bulb has lasted 25 years and I don't think I'll last another 25, so incandescent will do. Any suggestions?

IMG_0638s.jpg IMG_0639s.jpg

Jim

I've searched all my resources and I can't find this bulb anywhere. It is out of a Harbor Freight bench mount drill press that doesn't have a model number that I can find. It is a 110v 5w 15mm bayonet base double contact.

I'd IDEALLY like to replace it with an LED, but this incandescent bulb has lasted 25 years and I don't think I'll last another 25, so incandescent will do. Any suggestions?

View attachment 64982 View attachment 64983

Jim

Probably a reach but you might call these folk. I've found lights at this place that you don't see anywhere else. I'd say it's worth a call

http://sunlanlighting.com/

aHA, so BA15D is the base style. That's good info, and a google search showed up that there are dozens of suppliers. Evidently this is a standard sewing machine bulb in a lot of the "offshore" machines on the market. Lots of LED replacements also. Thanks for the info.

Jim

View attachment 64982 View attachment 64983

Jim

This LED lamp from Mcmaster looks like it may be the correct one: https://www.mcmaster.com/#8620k1/=1dq3l7k

While digging through my light bulb bin I came across this...

41730834810_39eca5f13f.jpg

I have no idea where I got it or for what purpose. :D

Looks like a old car bulb.

Ah, the 115 volt option found on a handful of postwar Chevies. That starter sure could crank over the engine on cold mornings. Though the battery was expensive to replace.

While digging through my light bulb bin I came across this...

41730834810_39eca5f13f.jpg

I have no idea where I got it or for what purpose. :D

Looks just like the bulb I replaced from my overhead light with the red lens. Cherokee 140

Jim, I assume the drill press would be used in the hangar for the plane? Hope you bought a certified bulb for drilling certified holes. :D

Back