Thinking about Cole Slaw...

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
This is version two. I'm not searching for the original threads but suffice to say it's been confounding to me. I have not, to date, been able to pull it off from scratch. I mean the dressing from scratch. Here is the latest attempt:

IMG_3987.JPG

Yes? No? Right track? Wrong track? Hey I Googled it. I needed celery seed. I do not have celery seed. I want a mustard taste. That is pepper. And cole slaw. Think it isn't. But not yet.

IMG_3988.JPG

So.... This is the progress thus far (yes four dots equals a period after the colon. My colon may however get a workout on this, but we will see.) I mixed it up in a very Harry Potter spectacle. Even the ogres cringed.

IMG_3989.JPG

Okay so this is how it turned out. You know what? Not bad! Not bad at all! I'm like hella jacked! This will accompany meatloaf that has been cooked in the crock pot. You wonder, how does meat loaf get cooked in a crock pot...

IMG_3990.JPG

Yeah. It wasn't my idea. It was the idea of someone that thought I couldn't follow the simple instruction of 'preheat the oven to 350 and put in for an hour' but no, it just had to play out like this. Fk, I feel like an @steingar Mooney pilot forced to eat meat and processed stuff. (By the way, he's right about the processed stuff, the meat we will just have to agree to disagree.)

We did home-made slaw, of the cole variety, tonight too. Some brats on the grill and some beers in the pint glasses. Life is good.

Sure looks good. How was the taste test?

I’m very picky with my slaw. It can’t be too mayonnaisey or too vinegary. I prefer mine on the sweet side actually. A lot of commercially made slaw just doesn’t cut the mustard for me.

Sure looks good. How was the taste test?

I’m very picky with my slaw. It can’t be too mayonnaisey or too vinegary. I prefer mine on the sweet side actually. A lot of commercially made slaw just doesn’t cut the mustard for me.

It was actually quite good. There is a BBQ joint in the City that specializes in Mustard and Habanero cole slaw which has been highlighted in another thread. I will find it when I am sober,,

Shouldn't there be salt added to the cole slaw? Heck, make it celery salt and you'd have killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Missing white sugar too.

Down here we have "red slaw" which has a good shot of "dip" (our western NC barbecue sauce) mixed in with it.

That would be a good name for a band, "Ladies and Gentle, please welcome, Cole Slaw!!!"

First, I salt the cabbage and leave it for a night before I make slaw. Second, while I do use mayonnaise in my cole slaw, my mayo is a home made spicy asian peanut butter mayo that's to die for. If anyone finds me at Oshkosh they may have the opportunity to sample it, though i double I'll part with much.

First, I salt the cabbage and leave it for a night before I make slaw. Second, while I do use mayonnaise in my cole slaw, my mayo is a home made spicy asian peanut butter mayo that's to die for. If anyone finds me at Oshkosh they may have the opportunity to sample it, though i double I'll part with much.
Dang it! Take a raincheck for next year? ;)

Back