engine cowling hardware

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
The paint on my top cowling was peeling off quite a bit from heat etc. so its in paint shop with all metal stuff removed from it. . While I am doing that I thought may be I can get new hardware but can not find any source other than junk yard which I do not want it because existing ones are working fine and I want to do it just for better appearance only. Any one knows source for new hardware source? Plane is PA32R300. Also I want to apply some kind of heat resistant material on the inside of cowling to prevent heat damage to new paint. What are the options?

Doesn’t Aircraft Spruce have the cowl fasteners you want? I’m able to get all the fasteners for my Cessna from them

If you have the part number for the fasteners, you should be able to buy them from Spruce or other places that sell aircraft hardware. Your A&P can help you with this process.

If your cowling didn’t originally have a heat shield or blanket, you need to see if there is a STC for one. If not, have your A&P make a determination if he thinks it is a major or minor alteration and then act accordingly.

Back