KDPA, quick transient parking fees

GreatLakesFlying

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Leo
Hello,

Does any one know if I could park at KDPA long enough to pick a passenger and, later, drop him off? I estimate about 15 min. of ramp time each way, in an Archer II. I will not be purchasing fuel.

Thanks.

the last time i few in to DPA (3-yrs ago) there was free transient parking at the terminal.

Hello,

Does any one know if I could park at KDPA long enough to pick a passenger and, later, drop him off? I estimate about 15 min. of ramp time each way, in an Archer II. I will not be purchasing fuel.

Thanks.
I did the same thing last year (in the same model plane) and don’t remember having to pay anything. Nice people.

AOPA says DPA has fees for Hangar, Parking, Ramp, Tiedown.

The airport chart shows itinerant parking.

Last edited:
I am landing there tomorrow. I was there same time last year and parked 4 days for free. I topped off and rented a car.

Call them and ask them or e-mail them. They have a great customer service team.

Just a quick followup on this. I called the FBO today, asked about fees for a quick shutdown and passenger pickup at the itinerant ramp, and was told that "there is no fee for your Archer". As @Kelvin suggested, they were very helpful on the phone.

No ramp fee. But be nice, buy some gas from them.

I always try to give some business to a nice FBO; the "problem" with KPDA, is that I am based at 06C, just 8 miles to the northeast, and unless I dump fuel on the way there, there is very little that I can buy. In general, I agree with your point.

KDPA, KARR or 06C are all friendly airports. No ramp fees that I am aware of.

To add- KDPA is a big airport with one huge terminal. KARR is smaller, and has a great FBO (JA AIR) with a frozen pizza selection that is pretty good. 06C is a small little airport with one FBO

To add- KDPA is a big airport with one huge terminal. KARR is smaller, and has a great FBO (JA AIR) with a frozen pizza selection that is pretty good. 06C is a small little airport with one FBO

Yeah but 06C has Pilot Pete's.

The cafe in the dpa fbo is pretty good. Granted not a full service restaurant but good service, nice people and better then vending machines

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The cafe in the dpa fbo is pretty good. Granted not a full service restaurant but good service, nice people and better then vending machines

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did they ever finish the construction on the terminal? Its been a minute since I have been in there, but it seemed like construction in it was never ending.

Back