Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 3. Breakfast?

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • 4. Baloney?

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5. Other?

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
So, they're not actually changing their name. The cornerstone restaurant in California will change it for a short time as a kind of symbolic change, but all the other restaurants will remain iHop.
So, the ihop gift certificate i have is still good?

International house of bankruptcy is what I'm smelling. 60 years wasn't good enough? Looks like some millennial was trying to spruce up the name and I predict it will shutter them for good.

They are a pancake shop, with 4 flavors or high fructose infested syrups. I'm not going there for a burger.....that's what In and Out, Five Guys and my own grill are for.

Considering their likely future, it more appropriately stands for the International House of Bankruptcy.

Actually their burgers are pretty good, had one yesterday

I can't tell you when I was last in an IHOP.

Or a Waffle House.

Or a Huddle House.

Or a McD,s.

Or a Burger King.

Or...

Or...

Or...

There are too many good restaurants out there to waste one's time eating at grease pits.

I can't tell you when I was last in an IHOP.

Or a Waffle House.

Or a Huddle House.

Or a McD,s.

Or a Burger King.

Or...

Or...

Or...

There are too many good restaurants out there to waste one's time eating at grease pits.

I don’t know. I don’t mind a little gastronomic slumming from time to time.

I don’t know. I don’t mind a little gastronomic slumming from time to time.
True, "a little" being the key. But most people in those places don't know the words "a little" especially when looking in the mirror. It's the patrons who make these places gross...as much as it is the food.

Like Lambert's. You've never seen such large masses of humanoids gathered in one place as you will when you walk into a Lambert's. A place where BMI means Bring More Ingestibles.

True, "a little" being the key. But most people in those places don't know the words "a little" especially when looking in the mirror. It's the patrons who make these places gross...as much as it is the food.

Like Lambert's. You've never seen such large masses of humanoids gathered in one place as you will when you walk into a Lambert's. A place where BMI means Bring More Ingestibles.

Dang, Tim. Tell us how you really feel, buddy. As an overweight country bumpkin that eats a lot of fried food, I'm compelled to ask if you feel so dirty around me?

You're in the minor leagues my friend...you're not even close to being "supersized" like the typical Lambert's patron!!! ;)

(See what I did there!?!? :) )

Last edited:

At least IHOP, having more than 20 locations, provides calorie data and other nutritional information. No one is forced to overeat, and being able to quantify my food intake has made the difference between my former 250-260 pounds and my current 205.

It's been a while since I have been to an IHOP, but I have always enjoyed their omlets and pancakes.

Last edited:
I used to go to the IHOP near where I lived in Michigan for omelettes, once in a great while. The last time I was there was in 2015. I've never even seen an IHOP here in VT... actually there is one, in South Burlington which is about an hour's drive. So it's not likely I'll go to an IHOP anytime soon.

And now we are back to IHOP. It was all just a stunt to promote their burgers. Must have worked; after all it got all of us talking about it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...burgers/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6b738f856687

I was eating at an IHOP a few weeks ago, not long after the name change. I made a remark about it to my waitress, and she informed me it's not for real, and is just a promotional thing for the new burgers. So, even the wait staff new it was a stunt.

The fact the name change wasn't real and was just a publicity stunt was known as soon as it was announced. I posted that a month ago, on page 1.

I always say... if you want to feel good about your physique, no matter HOW big you are, go have dinner at China Buffet or Golden Corral.

"Miss, can you bring me an extra napkin... oh, and another chair too?"

IHOP is one of those places that, if forced to go for lunch or dinner, I default to the chicken ceasar salad. That applies to most Italian restaurants as well.

And now we are back to IHOP. It was all just a stunt to promote their burgers. Must have worked; after all it got all of us talking about it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...burgers/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6b738f856687

I said the same thing a month ago. Washington Post is way behind the times...

So, they're not actually changing their name. The cornerstone restaurant in California will change it for a short time as a kind of symbolic change, but all the other restaurants will remain iHop. You'll probably see iHob on the burger section of the menu.

My wife hates IHOP. She would probably hate IHOB even more.

Back